Valhalla Rising

  • branca_87
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2002
      I was so glad to see Valhalla Rising in affordable paperback form. I
      have been waiting for a year to read it.

      It was so good, I didn't want to put it down. As usual, the
      adventures are too good to be true, but that is part of the charm of
      Mr. Cussler's books.

      Now I am waiting for Fire Ice to become a paperback.
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
        Groups Home - Yahoo! - Help
        Notice: Important service changes to Yahoo! Groups. Learn
        more
        Welcome, jelijo (jelijo · jelijo@...) Start a Group -
        My Groups - Account Info - Sign Out
        Cussler-DirkPitt · this list is dedicated to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt
        and NUMA - although the main topic is Dirk Pitt any adventures
        novels that Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]

        Messages
             Post
          Chat
          Files
          Photos
          Links
          Database
          Polls
          Members
          Calendar

          Promote

           = Owner
           = Moderator
           = Online
         Messages Messages Help
        Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines | Delete
          Search Archive
          Message 3266 of 3266  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
        Message Index
           Msg # Go
        From:  "Jeff" <jelijo@y...>
        Date:  Mon Sep 8, 2003  8:19 am
        Subject:  Valhalla Rising

        Just finished reading Valhalla Rising. Lots of action and overall
        found it very good. However there were too many subplots. Like
        the Viking thing could easily have been removed. And the last
        few pages with the introduction of his children were totally
        unrelated to the book and did not fit in. What gives?

      • carolena5214
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
          To Jeff. Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
          known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of
          his international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
          out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
          RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
          be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
          turns are worth it! Clive Cussler's books are an E Ticket Ride! As
          to the children, some fans balked but when you read TROJAN ODYSSEY
          you will understand. TROJAN ODYSSEY, by the way, will be released
          November 24th in the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Cussler will begin book
          tour at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ at 5 p.m. that day.
          Wayne Valero, who wrote the Collector's Guide to Clive Cussler, will
          be on hand to sign his books and the artist who did all the art work
          in TROJAN ODYSSEY may also be on hand. Book signings with Clive
          Cussler are a real party. The book tour continues in Albuquerque
          the next day then Clive has a few days off for Thanksgiving. Sunday
          November 30th, he will be signing books in San Diego and again on
          Monday, December 1st. December 2nd, All Aboard Amtrak to Los
          Angeles where one can get up close and personal with Clive in the
          Business Class of the train. Clive will be signing books in L.A.
          the 2nd and 3rd. The morning of the 4th it's all aboard for San
          Francisco in First Class. Three lucky passengers will each win a
          $1000 DOXA Sub 300T just like Dirk Pitt (R) (and Clive Cussler)
          wear. Amtrak is also giving away a round trip from San Francisco to
          Los Angeles (or vice versa) with sleeping compartment for two lucky
          travelers! All Aboard! ;)
        • Jeff Rosen
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
            I just vinished Valhalla Rising and I loved it from beginning to end. The plot was fantastic. But I would have changed the title, removed the Vikings and reference to his kids at the end. Also would have explored the teleportation thing a bit more...just too many little bits left unfinished while others end too suddenly like the death of the villan. Also Pitt and Kurt Austin sound like the same character
            Jeff

            carolena5214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Jeff Rosen

          • Silkwind
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
              Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
              Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
              the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
              finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
              can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
              I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
              that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

              Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
              silkwind@...
              www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

              Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
              known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
              international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
              out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
              RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
              be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
              turns are worth it!

            • Dave Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
                see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
                moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
                and she's going through and reading all of his books
                that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
                take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
              • carolena5214
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                  Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
                  his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
                  plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
                  Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
                  Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!