sahara

  • travelershome
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      i just read that paramount is heavily courting tom cruise to play
      dirk pitt.

      does anyone else out there think this is a mistake.
      he is too short& it would become just another tom cruise movie
      .
      and hugh jackman would be perfect.

      i thought clive wanted jackman.

      filming on X2 where jackman is now is supposed to be done
      before filming starts on sahara.

      why can jackman play this part. he is perfect and

      cruise is only 5'7" tall

      wayyyyyyyy too short

      and not good enough an actor to play all the subtleties of dirk.
    • branca_87
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2002
        Tom Cruise is too young, too fair, and too short to play Dirk Pitt.

        Is Hugh Jackman an American. We definitely need an American to play
        Dirk Pitt.
      • Todd Moody
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2002
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@y..., branca_87 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Tom Cruise is too young, too fair, and too short to play Dirk Pitt.
          >
          > Is Hugh Jackman an American. We definitely need an American to play
          > Dirk Pitt.

          Hugh Jackman is Australian I think. But if he can do an American
          accent that's no problem. Mel Gibson has pretty much mastered the
          accent, so I guess Jackman can do so.

          I think, however, Dennis Quaid might be a good choice, after watching
          him in "The Rookie". He is lanky, has fairly bushy hair and, most
          important, has a pretty constant smirk, which seems to be one of
          Pitt's main characteristics.
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
            I got a couple of tickets to see Sahara on Tues march 8th at a
            special screening. dont mean to brag but I cant wait to see it. I
            dont know where else they are having these screening, I'm sure they
            are all over the place . in fact i have an extra ticket, so if any
            of you are in the SF bay area and want to see it in Walnut Creek let
            me know by posting your message and I'll meet you at the theater if
            not I'll let you all know how it was Tuesday night