SAY IT AIN'T SO ...

  • jgderuvo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2002
      I've been lurking here awhile, and I hate to make this my first
      post, but this is from yesterday's HOLLYWOOD REPORTER ...

      Cruise explores 'Sahara' series

      Aug. 20, 2002

      Could Tom Cruise be adding another Paramount Pictures franchise to
      his dossier, following his successful "Mission: Impossible" series?
      Sources say the studio is heavily courting the superstar to come
      aboard to develop, star and produce through his and Paula Wagner's
      studio-based C/W Prods. a big-screen adaptation of Clive Cussler's
      1992 novel "Sahara" for Crusader Entertainment. The project is the
      first installment of the author's best-selling Dirk Pitt series,
      about an intrepid adventurer and explorer. There are 13 books in the
      series, which blend action, adventure and humor. No director is yet
      on board the project, and Cruise has yet to make a decision. The
      actor is in preproduction on Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Last
      Samurai." (Zorianna Kit and Chris Gardner)