Re: Fire Ice

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
      I just finished it last week. And about the history thing, I loved
      it. That's one thing I always liked about CC's book. I didn't
      realize that he added some history into his stories until I stumbled
      across an article in some free newspaper out of one of the Golden
      Isles along the coast of Georgia when I lived there. It had to do
      with one of the ships...I want to say the Cyclops, but I can't be so
      sure, it was like 6 or 7 years ago. But the article was about a
      young man who was on the ship and his family.

      Anyway, loved Fire Ice and didn't even know it had come out until I
      was passing by the books at Walmart and came to a sudden halt when I
      saw it. Nearly jumped for joy....I know the one old lady must have
      been looking at me funny...<_<...

      Liz
    • Silkwind
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16 8:29 AM
        I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
        Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of 4. My
        husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He said he didn
        t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's really our
        most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....). How do
        others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality of novels?
        To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that Cussler
        gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible adventures. I
        m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!

        Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
        silkwind@...
        www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
      • flintderick
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16 9:22 AM
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com,
          Of the three Kurt Austin Novels Fire Ice in the best so far I think
          because like the Pitt Novels It focused mostly on Austin rather than
          the team.The Ivan Charecter was exelent but the guy is no Dirk Pitt
          besides what about the twins? How will Cussler work them into the
          next book? Remember how Raymond Benson delt with The Child of James
          Bond and Kissy Susiki. HUMMM?

          Mark
          "Silkwind" <silkwind@m...> wrote:
          > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
          > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
          4. My
          > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
          said he didn
          > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
          really our
          > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
          How do
          > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
          of novels?
          > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
          Cussler
          > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
          adventures. I
          > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
          >

          > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
          > silkwind@m...
          > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
        • James
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
            Paul Kemprecos has been writing underwater adventure novels almost as
            long as Clive Cussler, albeit not in the the number and in a
            different genre. PK wrote a series of mysteries in the 1980s and
            1990s with his hero and central character as Aristotle "Soc"
            Socarides, a fisherman private eye, set on Cape Cod. I think these
            are better stories than the collaboration, but still enjoy the
            collaboration effort by two of my favorite authors.

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Silkwind"
            <silkwind@m...> wrote:
            > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
            > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
            4. My
            > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
            said he didn
            > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
            really our
            > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
            How do
            > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
            of novels?
            > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
            Cussler
            > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
            adventures. I
            > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
            >

            > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
            > silkwind@m...
            > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
          • wayneschroer
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
              I have been reading Clive Cussler novels for about two years now. I
              have almost read them all. Since I started reading with Dirk Pitt I
              definately like him more as a character. I think that the Kurt
              Austin books are steadily getting better. I haven't decided whether
              it is simply because I am used to Pitt that I didn't like the first
              couple Austin books, but Fire Ice is definately the best of them.
              Hopefully they will continue to get progressively better over time.
              Kemprecos is no Clive Cussler, but he seems to be getting the hang of
              it more. Give me a CC, PK novel anyday over a Modern Business
              Statistics book. :) That kinda goes without saying though doesn't it.
              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>