Fire Ice

  • heavydraft
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2002
      Just finished reading Fire Ice, Very good book, wish it didn't have
      to end, Long time until next book. I thought it was better than the
      other two that Paul Kemprecos helped with. Very interesting with
      Russian history. I think closer to a "Dirk Pitt" novel. Has anybody
      else read Fire Ice yet? Comments?

      Jim
    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
        I just finished it last week. And about the history thing, I loved
        it. That's one thing I always liked about CC's book. I didn't
        realize that he added some history into his stories until I stumbled
        across an article in some free newspaper out of one of the Golden
        Isles along the coast of Georgia when I lived there. It had to do
        with one of the ships...I want to say the Cyclops, but I can't be so
        sure, it was like 6 or 7 years ago. But the article was about a
        young man who was on the ship and his family.

        Anyway, loved Fire Ice and didn't even know it had come out until I
        was passing by the books at Walmart and came to a sudden halt when I
        saw it. Nearly jumped for joy....I know the one old lady must have
        been looking at me funny...<_<...

        Liz
      • Silkwind
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2003
          I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
          Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of 4. My
          husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He said he didn
          t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's really our
          most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....). How do
          others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality of novels?
          To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that Cussler
          gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible adventures. I
          m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!

          Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
          silkwind@...
          www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
        • flintderick
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2003
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com,
            Of the three Kurt Austin Novels Fire Ice in the best so far I think
            because like the Pitt Novels It focused mostly on Austin rather than
            the team.The Ivan Charecter was exelent but the guy is no Dirk Pitt
            besides what about the twins? How will Cussler work them into the
            next book? Remember how Raymond Benson delt with The Child of James
            Bond and Kissy Susiki. HUMMM?

            Mark
            "Silkwind" <silkwind@m...> wrote:
            > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
            > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
            4. My
            > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
            said he didn
            > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
            really our
            > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
            How do
            > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
            of novels?
            > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
            Cussler
            > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
            adventures. I
            > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
            >

            > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
            > silkwind@m...
            > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
          • James
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
              Paul Kemprecos has been writing underwater adventure novels almost as
              long as Clive Cussler, albeit not in the the number and in a
              different genre. PK wrote a series of mysteries in the 1980s and
              1990s with his hero and central character as Aristotle "Soc"
              Socarides, a fisherman private eye, set on Cape Cod. I think these
              are better stories than the collaboration, but still enjoy the
              collaboration effort by two of my favorite authors.

              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Silkwind"
              <silkwind@m...> wrote:
              > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with Paul
              > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out of
              4. My
              > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
              said he didn
              > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
              really our
              > most favorite author and has communicated privately with us....).
              How do
              > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
              of novels?
              > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
              Cussler
              > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
              adventures. I
              > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
              >

              > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
              > silkwind@m...
              > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
            • wayneschroer
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
                I have been reading Clive Cussler novels for about two years now. I
                have almost read them all. Since I started reading with Dirk Pitt I
                definately like him more as a character. I think that the Kurt
                Austin books are steadily getting better. I haven't decided whether
                it is simply because I am used to Pitt that I didn't like the first
                couple Austin books, but Fire Ice is definately the best of them.
                Hopefully they will continue to get progressively better over time.
                Kemprecos is no Clive Cussler, but he seems to be getting the hang of
                it more. Give me a CC, PK novel anyday over a Modern Business
                Statistics book. :) That kinda goes without saying though doesn't it.
                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>