Dirk Pitt, the 'scientific' 007

  • cornelius_wdw
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2002
      Hi there,

      as you all i am also a huge fan of Dirk Pitt.
      Cussler always brings him in the most horrifying situations but Pitt
      as usual will solve the case.
      It seems to me he is the 'scientific' 007. A troubleshooter by heart.
      That's what I like about Cusslers stories. It tells about
      archeology, history, shipwrecks you name it. And you will not stop
      until you got to the end.
      Hopefully his next book will be a thrill to.
      Okay, that's enough for now.
      See you in cyberspace,
      Cornelius
    • flintderick
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2002
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@y..., "cornelius_wdw" <cornelius_wdw@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >

        > as you all i am also a huge fan of Dirk Pitt.
        > Cussler always brings him in the most horrifying situations but
        Pitt
        > as usual will solve the case.
        > It seems to me he is the 'scientific' 007. A troubleshooter by
        heart.
        > That's what I like about Cusslers stories. It tells about
        > archeology, history, shipwrecks you name it. And you will not stop
        > until you got to the end.
        > Hopefully his next book will be a thrill to.
        > Okay, that's enough for now.
        > See you in cyberspace,
        > Cornelius

        James Bond and Pitt worked opposite sides of the same case in "Night
        Probe" in fact Bond saved Pitt's bacon at one point which is why I
        see the next Pitt film (after Sahara) NIGHT PROBE Hugh Jackman as
        Dirk Pitt- Oliver Platt as AL - Gary Oldman as Admiral Sandecker- and
        guest staring Sean Connery as Brian Shaw ( James Bond ret)
      • bapjmp
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2002
          I agree with all of your choices exept for Al. I was a big Oliver
          Platt fan for Al until it was ponted out to me that he is over 6
          feet tall. If only he were shorter!