Valhalla Rising

  • danstapley1
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8 1:50 AM
      I have finally finished what has to be surely the best Pitt book yet.
      I thought the twist in the last few pages was absolutely mind blowing
      and cant wait till the next one. Lets just hope its not too far away
      eh!!!
    • branca_87
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2002
        I was so glad to see Valhalla Rising in affordable paperback form. I
        have been waiting for a year to read it.

        It was so good, I didn't want to put it down. As usual, the
        adventures are too good to be true, but that is part of the charm of
        Mr. Cussler's books.

        Now I am waiting for Fire Ice to become a paperback.
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
          Groups Home - Yahoo! - Help
          Notice: Important service changes to Yahoo! Groups. Learn
          more
          Welcome, jelijo (jelijo · jelijo@...) Start a Group -
          My Groups - Account Info - Sign Out
          Cussler-DirkPitt · this list is dedicated to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt
          and NUMA - although the main topic is Dirk Pitt any adventures
          novels that Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]

          Messages
               Post
            Chat
            Files
            Photos
            Links
            Database
            Polls
            Members
            Calendar

            Promote

             = Owner
             = Moderator
             = Online
           Messages Messages Help
          Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines | Delete
            Search Archive
            Message 3266 of 3266  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
          Message Index
             Msg # Go
          From:  "Jeff" <jelijo@y...>
          Date:  Mon Sep 8, 2003  8:19 am
          Subject:  Valhalla Rising

          Just finished reading Valhalla Rising. Lots of action and overall
          found it very good. However there were too many subplots. Like
          the Viking thing could easily have been removed. And the last
          few pages with the introduction of his children were totally
          unrelated to the book and did not fit in. What gives?

        • carolena5214
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
            To Jeff. Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
            known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of
            his international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
            out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
            RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
            be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
            turns are worth it! Clive Cussler's books are an E Ticket Ride! As
            to the children, some fans balked but when you read TROJAN ODYSSEY
            you will understand. TROJAN ODYSSEY, by the way, will be released
            November 24th in the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Cussler will begin book
            tour at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ at 5 p.m. that day.
            Wayne Valero, who wrote the Collector's Guide to Clive Cussler, will
            be on hand to sign his books and the artist who did all the art work
            in TROJAN ODYSSEY may also be on hand. Book signings with Clive
            Cussler are a real party. The book tour continues in Albuquerque
            the next day then Clive has a few days off for Thanksgiving. Sunday
            November 30th, he will be signing books in San Diego and again on
            Monday, December 1st. December 2nd, All Aboard Amtrak to Los
            Angeles where one can get up close and personal with Clive in the
            Business Class of the train. Clive will be signing books in L.A.
            the 2nd and 3rd. The morning of the 4th it's all aboard for San
            Francisco in First Class. Three lucky passengers will each win a
            $1000 DOXA Sub 300T just like Dirk Pitt (R) (and Clive Cussler)
            wear. Amtrak is also giving away a round trip from San Francisco to
            Los Angeles (or vice versa) with sleeping compartment for two lucky
            travelers! All Aboard! ;)
          • Jeff Rosen
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
              I just vinished Valhalla Rising and I loved it from beginning to end. The plot was fantastic. But I would have changed the title, removed the Vikings and reference to his kids at the end. Also would have explored the teleportation thing a bit more...just too many little bits left unfinished while others end too suddenly like the death of the villan. Also Pitt and Kurt Austin sound like the same character
              Jeff

              carolena5214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Jeff Rosen

            • Silkwind
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
                Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
                the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
                finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
                can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
                I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
                that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

                Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
                silkwind@...
                www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

                Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
                known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
                international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
                out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
                RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
                be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
                turns are worth it!

              • Dave Jones
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                  Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
                  see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
                  moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
                  and she's going through and reading all of his books
                  that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
                  take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • carolena5214
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
                    Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
                    his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
                    plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
                    Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
                    Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!