Re: Wow, Im amazed!

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2002
      ---its been kinda fun thanks
      baba

      In clivecusslerfanclub@y..., wask21 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have to say that I am amazed that this group has grown the way it
      > has. I hadnt relized the extent to which it had grown since I
      > founded it a couple of years back.
      >
      > Thanks for participating eveyone and keep up the good work.
      >
      > Matt Waskey
      > founder
    • danstapley1
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
        I have finally finished what has to be surely the best Pitt book yet.
        I thought the twist in the last few pages was absolutely mind blowing
        and cant wait till the next one. Lets just hope its not too far away
        eh!!!
      • branca_87
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6 3:20 AM
          I was so glad to see Valhalla Rising in affordable paperback form. I
          have been waiting for a year to read it.

          It was so good, I didn't want to put it down. As usual, the
          adventures are too good to be true, but that is part of the charm of
          Mr. Cussler's books.

          Now I am waiting for Fire Ice to become a paperback.
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8 5:51 AM
            Groups Home - Yahoo! - Help
            Notice: Important service changes to Yahoo! Groups. Learn
            more
            Welcome, jelijo (jelijo · jelijo@...) Start a Group -
            My Groups - Account Info - Sign Out
            Cussler-DirkPitt · this list is dedicated to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt
            and NUMA - although the main topic is Dirk Pitt any adventures
            novels that Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]

            Messages
                 Post
              Chat
              Files
              Photos
              Links
              Database
              Polls
              Members
              Calendar

              Promote

               = Owner
               = Moderator
               = Online
             Messages Messages Help
            Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines | Delete
              Search Archive
              Message 3266 of 3266  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
            Message Index
               Msg # Go
            From:  "Jeff" <jelijo@y...>
            Date:  Mon Sep 8, 2003  8:19 am
            Subject:  Valhalla Rising

            Just finished reading Valhalla Rising. Lots of action and overall
            found it very good. However there were too many subplots. Like
            the Viking thing could easily have been removed. And the last
            few pages with the introduction of his children were totally
            unrelated to the book and did not fit in. What gives?

          • carolena5214
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8 11:44 AM
              To Jeff. Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
              known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of
              his international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
              out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
              RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
              be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
              turns are worth it! Clive Cussler's books are an E Ticket Ride! As
              to the children, some fans balked but when you read TROJAN ODYSSEY
              you will understand. TROJAN ODYSSEY, by the way, will be released
              November 24th in the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Cussler will begin book
              tour at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ at 5 p.m. that day.
              Wayne Valero, who wrote the Collector's Guide to Clive Cussler, will
              be on hand to sign his books and the artist who did all the art work
              in TROJAN ODYSSEY may also be on hand. Book signings with Clive
              Cussler are a real party. The book tour continues in Albuquerque
              the next day then Clive has a few days off for Thanksgiving. Sunday
              November 30th, he will be signing books in San Diego and again on
              Monday, December 1st. December 2nd, All Aboard Amtrak to Los
              Angeles where one can get up close and personal with Clive in the
              Business Class of the train. Clive will be signing books in L.A.
              the 2nd and 3rd. The morning of the 4th it's all aboard for San
              Francisco in First Class. Three lucky passengers will each win a
              $1000 DOXA Sub 300T just like Dirk Pitt (R) (and Clive Cussler)
              wear. Amtrak is also giving away a round trip from San Francisco to
              Los Angeles (or vice versa) with sleeping compartment for two lucky
              travelers! All Aboard! ;)
            • Jeff Rosen
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8 1:05 PM
                I just vinished Valhalla Rising and I loved it from beginning to end. The plot was fantastic. But I would have changed the title, removed the Vikings and reference to his kids at the end. Also would have explored the teleportation thing a bit more...just too many little bits left unfinished while others end too suddenly like the death of the villan. Also Pitt and Kurt Austin sound like the same character
                Jeff

                carolena5214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Jeff Rosen

              • Silkwind
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8 1:30 PM
                  Both my husband and I consider Clive Cussler our number 1 author of choice.
                  Yes, his stories are complex -- so much so that I normally cannot remember
                  the tales after I've read them. Even though I can't put them down until I'm
                  finished. I do thoroughly enjoy them. And I've also discovered, because I
                  can't recall all the directions that they take, I can re-read them and think
                  I've never been there before! I can't say that about other authors. A book
                  that one wants to re-read and re-read, is a treasure....

                  Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
                  silkwind@...
                  www.silkwind-dachshunds.com

                  Welcome to the world of Clive Cussler. Dr. Cussler is
                  known as the Father of the modern action adventure novel. Part of his
                  international acclaim is his intricate plots. Leave the Vikings
                  out of VALHALLA RISING? Then why would it be called VALHALLA
                  RISING? Did you read the book? Take your time. These are books to
                  be savored; not rushed through. Believe me, the plot twists and
                  turns are worth it!

                • Dave Jones
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8 3:18 PM
                    Does he ever come out to Hawaii for book signings? I
                    see he'll be in San Diego, which figures since I just
                    moved from there. I got my fiancee hooked on his books
                    and she's going through and reading all of his books
                    that I had read (which is all of them). If he doesn't
                    take a trip to Hawaii, you should suggest it :)

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • carolena5214
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 8 3:25 PM
                      Sorry, with a schedule like he has that would exhaust someone half
                      his age, there is no way that Hawaii will be included in Book Tour
                      plans. Dr. Cussler and his family have vacationed there, however.
                      Perhaps you and your fiancee' could come to the 48 and meet him?
                      Thanks for being such a loyal fan. Cheers!