The Mediterranean Caper

  • FrankH
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011
      I recently finished reading this one for the first time and I enjoyed this early Dirk Pitt adventure. Even though it was the first Pitt novel published, it was the second written - behind "Pacific Vortex." This one was full of the usual action and adventure from Cussler but the writing style was a little rough back in the early days. Pitt came across as a much harsher character - maybe he mellowed through the years. The story was also shorter than some of the later books and didn't include the usual event from the past that gets tied into the present. The story itself was good, but I didn't quite buy the premise of smuggling using a submarine attached to an ocean freighter. Otherwise, I would give this one a mild recommendation. I need to go back and read some of the other early Pitt novels.

      What would others recommend as some of the better early Pitt adventures?