The Wrecker - Isaac Bell

  • Frank Huband
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2010
      Just finished reading "The Wrecker".  I really enjoyed this one! I think Isaac Bell is becoming one of my favorite Cussler characters. As much as I enjoyed The Chase, I think I liked this one even more. Part of this was because some of the story took place in Ogden, Utah - my home town. Utah is a predominantly Mormon state, however, Ogden was a hub of the rail industry from when the golden spike was driven in 1869 to the 1940s and WWII. Railroad and military men gathered in Ogden and the result was a definite non-Mormon atmosphere of bars and brothels. This is detailed very well in The Wrecker. The story itself was a great actioner and quite enjoyable. The only complaint was that I didn't quite understand why Bell was unable to recognize the Wrecker from the drawing that had circulated when the Wrecker boarded the train in Ogden. Two other Van Horn agents did recognize him from the drawing and ended up dead in the Ogden back alleys. Otherwise, I enjoyed
      this one immensely and am looking forward to the next Isaac Bell story: The Spy, which will be published in June.

      Anyone else read this?

      Frank Huband

    • TOMMY WELLS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2010
        Yup, finished it a couple of weeks ago. Great read!

        New one coming out called "The Spy"

        Go to Amazon.com  and search either Justin Scott or Clive. I have pre-ordered it as well as the next Oregon from Clive and Jack!