Re: Dirk Pitt series

  • Ron Criss
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2009
      This was just a case of a director not wanting to conform to the limitations of the book. The descriptions of Pitt are pretty simply, dark tan, thick black hair, muscular. There are plenty of Hollywood actors who could have fit the part. The director simply didn't care to stick to the original vision. Zak Snyder could have done an excellent job and stayed true to the book. Just look at his work on 300 and Watchmen. He sticks to the creators vision and the fans are happy. Why do these directors think they know more than all the fans who have made a particular series popular? There is a reason a series is popular. Sahara wasn't a bad movie, but the characters were not Pitt and Giordino. If someone actually followed the novels they would have blockbusters on their hands. That's why Snyder's movies are always big.

      Ron