Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie

  • cantflame_2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, steve
      <cantflame_2000@...> wrote:

      > hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc
      books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i
      start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr
      (awsum). steve

      did sahara, and i think he did a good job of it considering it was
      his first one.so what if one or two carectors did not fit quite right
      it,s the thought that counts.

      > There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies,
      perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this,
      they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

      > Mark
      >
      > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
      wrote:
      > From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
      > Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
      > To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
      > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM
      >
      > Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC
      book

      > would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like
      >
      > see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my
      favourites.

      > I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
      >
      > __._,_.__

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
        After seeing "Sahara" on dvd, I found it as close to the storyline as
        a 2 hour movie can get. The biggest problem is trying to fit a 500
        page novel into a 150 -200 page screenplay.What is left out alot are
        the details, which we all savor when we read the books. This drives
        authors crazy because they tend to think that their entire story has
        been ripped apart. With "Sahara" the only basic thing missing was the
        Abraham Lincoln sideline.

        Frank

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cantflame_2000"