Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie

  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
      The fact that no matter what book they make into a movie, wether it is a CC
      book or any other author, it is never going to live up to fans of the book's
      expectations. Nor if they made a movie that did stay faithful to the book
      would the movie make any $$. The reality is that the two worlds of fan desire and
      Hollywood $$ don't meet. Rarely if ever do books translate to the big screen
      in the intricate detail and intricacy of a written novel. Things like author
      ego (CC suffers from it) to Hollywood CGI mentality stand in the way of that
      happening.

      Most of CC's early books (IMHO his good ones..) would be 5-6 hour epics to
      get all the plot points, etc that would make a fan happy. And that would never
      happen....you want a true to the book screen adaptation...push for a mini
      series..or have Tom Hanks get HBO interested.......

      That said, my vote for screen adaptation would be "Night Probe"......
      **************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
      capital.(http://www.aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000027)

    • Mark Hadlund
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
        There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
          I would like to see Pacific Vortex.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
            hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr (awsum). steve

            There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

            Mark

            Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book

            would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to

            see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.

            I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.

            __._,_.__

          • cantflame_2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, steve
              <cantflame_2000@...> wrote:

              > hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc
              books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i
              start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr
              (awsum). steve

              did sahara, and i think he did a good job of it considering it was
              his first one.so what if one or two carectors did not fit quite right
              it,s the thought that counts.

              > There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies,
              perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this,
              they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

              > Mark
              >
              > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
              wrote:
              > From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
              > Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
              > To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
              > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM
              >
              > Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC
              book

              > would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like
              >
              > see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my
              favourites.

              > I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
              >
              > __._,_.__

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                After seeing "Sahara" on dvd, I found it as close to the storyline as
                a 2 hour movie can get. The biggest problem is trying to fit a 500
                page novel into a 150 -200 page screenplay.What is left out alot are
                the details, which we all savor when we read the books. This drives
                authors crazy because they tend to think that their entire story has
                been ripped apart. With "Sahara" the only basic thing missing was the
                Abraham Lincoln sideline.

                Frank

                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cantflame_2000"