Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Movie

Expand Messages
  • motza68@y7mail.com
    Alright you guys, if you didn t like Sahara as a movie. What CC book would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to see them make a
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book
      would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to
      see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.
      I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
    • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
      The fact that no matter what book they make into a movie, wether it is a CC book or any other author, it is never going to live up to fans of the book s
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        The fact that no matter what book they make into a movie, wether it is a CC
        book or any other author, it is never going to live up to fans of the book's
        expectations. Nor if they made a movie that did stay faithful to the book
        would the movie make any $$. The reality is that the two worlds of fan desire and
        Hollywood $$ don't meet. Rarely if ever do books translate to the big screen
        in the intricate detail and intricacy of a written novel. Things like author
        ego (CC suffers from it) to Hollywood CGI mentality stand in the way of that
        happening.

        Most of CC's early books (IMHO his good ones..) would be 5-6 hour epics to
        get all the plot points, etc that would make a fan happy. And that would never
        happen....you want a true to the book screen adaptation...push for a mini
        series..or have Tom Hanks get HBO interested.......

        That said, my vote for screen adaptation would be "Night Probe"......
        **************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
        capital.(http://www.aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000027)


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Mark Hadlund
        There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

          Mark

          --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@... <motza68@...> wrote:
          From: motza68@... <motza68@...>
          Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
          To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM











          Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book

          would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to

          see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.

          I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.







          __._,_.__































          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • paula schaeffer
          I would like to see Pacific Vortex. ... From: motza68@y7mail.com Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie To:
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 20, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            I would like to see Pacific Vortex.

            --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@... <motza68@...> wrote:

            From: motza68@... <motza68@...>
            Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
            To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 4:46 AM






            Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book
            would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to
            see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.
            I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.


















            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • steve
            hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i start rereading them. and
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr (awsum). steve

              --- On Tue, 1/20/09, Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@...> wrote:

              From: Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@...>
              Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
              To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:47 PM






              There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies, perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this, they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.

              Mark

              --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com> wrote:
              From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
              Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
              To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
              Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM

              Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC book

              would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like to

              see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my favourites.

              I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.

              __._,_.__










              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


















              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • cantflame_2000
              ... books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr (awsum). steve ... did
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 21, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, steve
                <cantflame_2000@...> wrote:
                >
                > hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc
                books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before i
                start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr
                (awsum). steve
                >
                > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@...> wrote:
                >
                > From: Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@...>
                > Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
                > To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:47 PM
                >
                >
                > a movie series would work only if me cc was directing it.like he
                did sahara, and i think he did a good job of it considering it was
                his first one.so what if one or two carectors did not fit quite right
                it,s the thought that counts.
                >
                >
                >
                > There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies,
                perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes this,
                they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.
                >
                > Mark
                >
                > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                wrote:
                > From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                > Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
                > To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
                > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM
                >
                > Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC
                book
                >
                > would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would like
                to
                >
                > see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my
                favourites.
                >
                > I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
                >
                > __._,_.__
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
              • Frank
                After seeing Sahara on dvd, I found it as close to the storyline as a 2 hour movie can get. The biggest problem is trying to fit a 500 page novel into a 150
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 22, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  After seeing "Sahara" on dvd, I found it as close to the storyline as
                  a 2 hour movie can get. The biggest problem is trying to fit a 500
                  page novel into a 150 -200 page screenplay.What is left out alot are
                  the details, which we all savor when we read the books. This drives
                  authors crazy because they tend to think that their entire story has
                  been ripped apart. With "Sahara" the only basic thing missing was the
                  Abraham Lincoln sideline.

                  Frank

                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cantflame_2000"
                  <cantflame_2000@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, steve
                  > <cantflame_2000@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > hi mark i agre with you they should make a move series on mr. cc
                  > books .im reading chase right now i still have 6 more books before
                  i
                  > start rereading them. and i have also got into the auduio bookr
                  > (awsum). steve
                  > >
                  > > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > From: Mark Hadlund <iahadlund@>
                  > > Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
                  > > To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                  > > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:47 PM
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > a movie series would work only if me cc was directing it.like he
                  > did sahara, and i think he did a good job of it considering it was
                  > his first one.so what if one or two carectors did not fit quite
                  right
                  > it,s the thought that counts.
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > There is enough plot in each novel to make two or three movies,
                  > perhaps up to four with the later ones. Once Hollywood realizes
                  this,
                  > they might have a successful franchise. But I doubt it.
                  > >
                  > > Mark
                  > >
                  > > --- On Tue, 1/20/09, motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                  > wrote:
                  > > From: motza68@y7mail. com <motza68@y7mail. com>
                  > > Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Movie
                  > > To: clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com
                  > > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 3:46 AM
                  > >
                  > > Alright you guys, if you didn't like Sahara as a movie. What CC
                  > book
                  > >
                  > > would you like to be made into a movie. Me personally, I would
                  like
                  > to
                  > >
                  > > see them make a version of Shock Wave as this is one of my
                  > favourites.
                  > >
                  > > I've lost count as to how many times I've read it.
                  > >
                  > > __._,_.__
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.