Re: question about dark pitt novel

  • jaybjerke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "cooley_lonley_in_va"
      <cooley_316@...> wrote:

      > do you have too read these in a series becuase i only have one called
      > trojan odyssey

      It helps if you do read them in series, but each book is also an
      AWESOME story in itself.
    • Mark Hadlund
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
        I don't believe so, my first book was Night Probe. His books were suggested by a friend, it had a cover of a train underwater and I was intrigued enough to check it out and been hooked ever since.

        Mark

        do you have too read these in a series becuase i only have one called

        trojan odyssey

      • seasong62
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
          I agree with the other posters in that it is not absolutely
          necessary to read the books in order. My first one was "Inca Gold",
          and I was instantly hooked and couldn't put it down. When I
          finished it, I started scouring new and used bookstores for Mr.
          Cussler's previous books, and special ordered what I couldn't find.
          Believe me, it's well worth the investment!

          That said, a lot of the books do often reference things that have
          happened in previous books. However, they're generally just passing
          references, and the current book still makes plenty of sense without
          knowing all of the history. But I highly recommend reading them all!