Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: The Chase

  • Ed Homa
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
      how is CC?

      a nice man?

      Ed

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Robert <bobcat626@...>
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 10:26:58 AM
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: The Chase

      Hi Ed,

      Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
      1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
      Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
      Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
      started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
      have signed.

      Bob
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com, Ed Homa
      <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

      > is this the first time you met CC?
      >
      > how was he?
      >
      > have you started the book?
      >
      > Ed

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
        Hi Ed,

        Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
        rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
        scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
        by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
        arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
        at the reaction.

        <thunderball302@...> wrote:

        > how is CC?
        >
        > a nice man?
        >
        > Ed

      • iahadlund
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
          I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
          been talked about before.

          I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
          series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
          it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
          managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
          one of the characters is all ready a car collector.