[Clive Cussler fan club] Re: The Chase

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
      Hi Ed,

      Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
      1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
      Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
      Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
      started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
      have signed.

      Bob
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
        Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
        doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
        is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
        he comes goes on tour again
        Thanks
        Babaoriely

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
          Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

          Jeff

        • James Hime
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
            He was just in South Carolina last month.

            Jim Hime
            Hatton, ND

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
              South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

            • James Hime
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                never see him here.

                Jim Hime
                Hatton, ND

                Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Ed Homa
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                  how is CC?

                  a nice man?

                  <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                  > is this the first time you met CC?
                  >
                  > how was he?
                  >
                  > have you started the book?
                  >
                  > Ed

                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                    Hi Ed,

                    Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                    rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                    scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                    by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                    arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                    at the reaction.

                    <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                    > how is CC?
                    >
                    > a nice man?
                    >
                    > Ed

                  • iahadlund
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                      I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                      been talked about before.

                      I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                      series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                      it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                      managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                      one of the characters is all ready a car collector.