Re: The Chase

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 10, 2007
      I am so pissed the last three times C.C. has been on a book tour last
      minute things have come up and I have not been able to go, now here
      he is going to in SF on tuesday and I just statred a new job one that
      works late on you guessed it Tuesday and I dont think theres any way
      I can get off work in time to make it to SF to see him. and this will
      proubly be his last one. %##%^

      Baba

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@...>

    • kimberly95118@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 11, 2007
        Well, if it helps Kepler's is actually in Menlo Park. I don't know where you
        live, but that might be closer.
        Kim

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
          Hi Ed,

          Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
          1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
          Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
          Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
          started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
          have signed.

          Bob
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
            Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
            doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
            is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
            he comes goes on tour again
            Thanks
            Babaoriely

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
              Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

              Jeff

            • James Hime
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                He was just in South Carolina last month.

                Jim Hime
                Hatton, ND

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                  South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

                • James Hime
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                    It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                    never see him here.

                    Jim Hime
                    Hatton, ND

                    Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • Ed Homa
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                      how is CC?

                      a nice man?

                      <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                      > is this the first time you met CC?
                      >
                      > how was he?
                      >
                      > have you started the book?
                      >
                      > Ed

                    • Robert
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                        Hi Ed,

                        Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                        rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                        scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                        by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                        arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                        at the reaction.

                        <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                        > how is CC?
                        >
                        > a nice man?
                        >
                        > Ed

                      • iahadlund
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                          I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                          been talked about before.

                          I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                          series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                          it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                          managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                          one of the characters is all ready a car collector.