Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: The Chase

  • Ed Homa
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 9, 2007
      is this the first time you met CC?

      how was he?

      have you started the book?

      Ed

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Robert <bobcat626@...>
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 9, 2007 12:35:42 AM
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: The Chase

      Clive Cussler will be at the signing. I had him autograph my copy
      of "The Chase" last night here in Albuquerque.

      Bob Parker

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com, babaoriely76

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 10, 2007
        I am so pissed the last three times C.C. has been on a book tour last
        minute things have come up and I have not been able to go, now here
        he is going to in SF on tuesday and I just statred a new job one that
        works late on you guessed it Tuesday and I dont think theres any way
        I can get off work in time to make it to SF to see him. and this will
        proubly be his last one. %##%^

      • kimberly95118@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 11, 2007
          Well, if it helps Kepler's is actually in Menlo Park. I don't know where you
          live, but that might be closer.
          Kim

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hi Ed,

            Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
            1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
            Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
            Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
            started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
            have signed.

            Bob
            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
              Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
              doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
              is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
              he comes goes on tour again
              Thanks
              Babaoriely

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

                Jeff

              • James Hime
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                  He was just in South Carolina last month.

                  Jim Hime
                  Hatton, ND

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                    South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

                  • James Hime
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                      It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                      never see him here.

                      Jim Hime
                      Hatton, ND

                      Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • Ed Homa
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                        how is CC?

                        a nice man?

                        <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                        > is this the first time you met CC?
                        >
                        > how was he?
                        >
                        > have you started the book?
                        >
                        > Ed

                      • Robert
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                          Hi Ed,

                          Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                          rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                          scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                          by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                          arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                          at the reaction.

                          <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                          > how is CC?
                          >
                          > a nice man?
                          >
                          > Ed

                        • iahadlund
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                            I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                            been talked about before.

                            I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                            series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                            it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                            managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                            one of the characters is all ready a car collector.