Re: The Chase

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 8, 2007
      Clive Cussler will be at the signing. I had him autograph my copy
      of "The Chase" last night here in Albuquerque.

      Bob Parker

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > who will be at the signing?
      > Baba
      >
      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:
      > >
      > > THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE
      > >
      > > 11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
      > > 11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      > > 11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      > > 11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
      > > 11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
      > > 11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
      > > 11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
      > > 11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
      > > 11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
      > > 11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      > > 11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
      > > 11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
      > > 11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
      > > 11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM
      > >
      > > Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
      > > published times and locations are current.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >

      > > Bob Parker
      > > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

    • Ed Homa
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 9, 2007
        is this the first time you met CC?

        how was he?

        have you started the book?

        Ed

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 10, 2007
          I am so pissed the last three times C.C. has been on a book tour last
          minute things have come up and I have not been able to go, now here
          he is going to in SF on tuesday and I just statred a new job one that
          works late on you guessed it Tuesday and I dont think theres any way
          I can get off work in time to make it to SF to see him. and this will
          proubly be his last one. %##%^

        • kimberly95118@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 11, 2007
            Well, if it helps Kepler's is actually in Menlo Park. I don't know where you
            live, but that might be closer.
            Kim

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
              Hi Ed,

              Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
              1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
              Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
              Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
              started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
              have signed.

              Bob
              --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
                doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
                is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
                he comes goes on tour again
                Thanks
                Babaoriely

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                  Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

                  Jeff

                • James Hime
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                    He was just in South Carolina last month.

                    Jim Hime
                    Hatton, ND

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                      South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

                    • James Hime
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                        It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                        never see him here.

                        Jim Hime
                        Hatton, ND

                        Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                      • Ed Homa
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                          how is CC?

                          a nice man?

                          <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                          > is this the first time you met CC?
                          >
                          > how was he?
                          >
                          > have you started the book?
                          >
                          > Ed

                        • Robert
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                            Hi Ed,

                            Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                            rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                            scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                            by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                            arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                            at the reaction.

                            <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                            > how is CC?
                            >
                            > a nice man?
                            >
                            > Ed

                          • iahadlund
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                              I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                              been talked about before.

                              I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                              series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                              it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                              managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                              one of the characters is all ready a car collector.