The Chase

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 7, 2007
      Hi All,

      Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:

      THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE

      11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
      11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
      11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
      11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
      11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
      11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
      11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
      11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
      11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
      11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
      11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
      11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM

      Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
      published times and locations are current.

      Regards,

      Bob Parker
      Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 8, 2007
        who will be at the signing?
        Baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:
        >
        > THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE
        >
        > 11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
        > 11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        > 11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        > 11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
        > 11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
        > 11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
        > 11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
        > 11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
        > 11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
        > 11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        > 11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
        > 11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
        > 11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
        > 11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM
        >
        > Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
        > published times and locations are current.
        >
        > Regards,
        >

        > Bob Parker
        > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 8, 2007
          Clive Cussler will be at the signing. I had him autograph my copy
          of "The Chase" last night here in Albuquerque.

          Bob Parker

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > who will be at the signing?
          > Baba
          >
          > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:
          > >
          > > THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE
          > >
          > > 11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
          > > 11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > > 11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > > 11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
          > > 11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
          > > 11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
          > > 11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
          > > 11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
          > > 11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
          > > 11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > > 11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
          > > 11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
          > > 11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
          > > 11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM
          > >
          > > Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
          > > published times and locations are current.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >

          > > Bob Parker
          > > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

        • Ed Homa
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 9, 2007
            is this the first time you met CC?

            how was he?

            have you started the book?

            Ed

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 10, 2007
              I am so pissed the last three times C.C. has been on a book tour last
              minute things have come up and I have not been able to go, now here
              he is going to in SF on tuesday and I just statred a new job one that
              works late on you guessed it Tuesday and I dont think theres any way
              I can get off work in time to make it to SF to see him. and this will
              proubly be his last one. %##%^

            • kimberly95118@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 11, 2007
                Well, if it helps Kepler's is actually in Menlo Park. I don't know where you
                live, but that might be closer.
                Kim

              • Robert
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
                  Hi Ed,

                  Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
                  1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
                  Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
                  Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
                  started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
                  have signed.

                  Bob
                  --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                    Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
                    doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
                    is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
                    he comes goes on tour again
                    Thanks
                    Babaoriely

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                      Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

                      Jeff

                    • James Hime
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                        He was just in South Carolina last month.

                        Jim Hime
                        Hatton, ND

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                          South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

                        • James Hime
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                            It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                            never see him here.

                            Jim Hime
                            Hatton, ND

                            Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          • Ed Homa
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                              how is CC?

                              a nice man?

                              <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                              > is this the first time you met CC?
                              >
                              > how was he?
                              >
                              > have you started the book?
                              >
                              > Ed

                            • Robert
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                                Hi Ed,

                                Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                                rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                                scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                                by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                                arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                                at the reaction.

                                <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                                > how is CC?
                                >
                                > a nice man?
                                >
                                > Ed

                              • iahadlund
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                                  I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                                  been talked about before.

                                  I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                                  series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                                  it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                                  managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                                  one of the characters is all ready a car collector.