Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] My dog hates CLive Cussler

  • swksmason
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27 7:05 PM
      He's doing it when we leave during the day. We lock them(yes two) in
      our bedrrom so they don't trash the house. Guess I need to keep my
      book in the bookcase instead of on the nightstand when I leave.!!!

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hadlund
      <iahadlund@...> wrote:

      > Your dog is saying "Pay attention to me." I've been owned by dogs
      so I can sympathize.

      > Mark
      >
      > swksmason <swksmason@...> wrote: Or
      maybe he just hates me reading?? two books in a row I have gotten
      > down to the last 5-10 chapters and he EATS the book. I lost Inca
      Gold

    • pascalbear@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27 7:29 PM
        This thread is so funny. Some of you may know I raise cocker spaniels and
        have for over thirty years. Sold them all over the world and have won a number
        of awards over the years. Wish I could send photos man my dogs are so
        beautiful really!!!! My dogs have eaten all sorts of books over the years. When we
        have a new litter of puppies I can count on the little puppies to chew
        anything within reach. I hate keeping dogs in a kennel so I have all six running
        about. I have a new 6 month old girl Icee and boy she and I had our first
        big talk about books are mine only and she has her chew toys. I paper train my
        guys so I have to remember not to leave magazines or books on the floor
        which is soooooooooooooooo much worse than chewing.

        I am reading the Eric Lustbader Bourne book and I am a huge Lustbader fan
        but I am not sure I like this one. I finished Lee child Bad Luck and
        Trouble it was wonderful but he is getting predictable I hate that. I also read
        the Khaled Hosseini novel A Thousand Splendid Suns while I can't say I enjoyed
        reading it I could not put it down. I found the images disturbing at times
        and have thought of the book many times since finishing it. This author I
        think will be a top seller for years to come. Also read the new Raymond Khoury
        book The Sanctuary and I found it not really my kind of book I guess my mind
        doesn't like all that science related detail. I like more straight spy, crime,
        thrillers. I was really pleased to read the new Kathy Reichs book Bones to
        Ashes I really love the show Bones as well. One of the more surprising reads
        was The Tenderness of Wolves book by Stef Penney wow I enjoyed every single
        page. The setting was breathtaking and rarely does an author create such a
        landscape that you could breathe the air and see the surroundings. Forget the
        story it is worth the read just for the description of the settings. I am so
        ready for a Clive Cussler novel damn I am sick of waiting.
        Hugs
        Terri

        Terri Pascal

        There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face
        reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
        --Douglas Everett

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27 8:33 PM
          Terri,
          We've bred and shown miniature longhaired dachshunds over the last
          few years. We're retired now and we have our two foundation studs, plus
          5 more that were born here. We imported a nice boy from Australia
          who finished his championship at a specialty with 5 points, and has produced
          some champions. Another boy finished from the BBE class and he, too,
          has champions around the world (2 in Japan, 1 in Australia.
          The oldest is nearly 11 yrs, down to 4 yrs.
          They are all old enough to respect books, but I can't get them to accept
          the 3 legged Lab next door!!!! VBG

          Nancy/Dachsies for Life
          Motto: Live, Love and Laugh
[...]

          Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

          Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
          to Traditional
          Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group

          Yahoo! News
          Kevin Sites
          Get coverage of
          world crises.