Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] My dog hates CLive Cussler

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
      Mark,
      So true!!
      I've had a few puppies taste a book or two trying to understand why it
      has all my attention!! Now they snooze until I shut off my computer....then
      they are all over me!!

      Nancy/Dachsies for Life
      Motto: Live, Love and Laugh

      Your dog is saying "Pay attention to me." I've been owned by dogs so I can
      sympathize.

      Mark

      swksmason <swksmason@...> wrote: Or maybe he just hates me reading??
      two books in a row I have gotten
      down to the last 5-10 chapters and he EATS the book. I lost Inca Gold
      now.

      ----------

      Mark,
      So true!!
      I've had a few puppies taste a book or two trying to understand why it
      has all my attention!! Now they snooze until I shut off my computer....then
      they are all over me!!

      Nancy/Dachsies for Life
      Motto: Live, Love and Laugh

      Your dog is saying "Pay attention to me." I've been owned by dogs so I can
      sympathize.

      Mark

      swksmason <swksmason@...> wrote: Or maybe he just hates me reading??
      two books in a row I have gotten
      down to the last 5-10 chapters and he EATS the book. I lost Inca Gold
      now.

    • randi wallace
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
        regarding lost Clive Cussler books are you looking for replacement copies? ralph cox

      • swksmason
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
          He's doing it when we leave during the day. We lock them(yes two) in
          our bedrrom so they don't trash the house. Guess I need to keep my
          book in the bookcase instead of on the nightstand when I leave.!!!

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hadlund

        • pascalbear@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
            This thread is so funny. Some of you may know I raise cocker spaniels and
            have for over thirty years. Sold them all over the world and have won a number
            of awards over the years. Wish I could send photos man my dogs are so
            beautiful really!!!! My dogs have eaten all sorts of books over the years. When we
            have a new litter of puppies I can count on the little puppies to chew
            anything within reach. I hate keeping dogs in a kennel so I have all six running
            about. I have a new 6 month old girl Icee and boy she and I had our first
            big talk about books are mine only and she has her chew toys. I paper train my
            guys so I have to remember not to leave magazines or books on the floor
            which is soooooooooooooooo much worse than chewing.

            I am reading the Eric Lustbader Bourne book and I am a huge Lustbader fan
            but I am not sure I like this one. I finished Lee child Bad Luck and
            Trouble it was wonderful but he is getting predictable I hate that. I also read
            the Khaled Hosseini novel A Thousand Splendid Suns while I can't say I enjoyed
            reading it I could not put it down. I found the images disturbing at times
            and have thought of the book many times since finishing it. This author I
            think will be a top seller for years to come. Also read the new Raymond Khoury
            book The Sanctuary and I found it not really my kind of book I guess my mind
            doesn't like all that science related detail. I like more straight spy, crime,
            thrillers. I was really pleased to read the new Kathy Reichs book Bones to
            Ashes I really love the show Bones as well. One of the more surprising reads
            was The Tenderness of Wolves book by Stef Penney wow I enjoyed every single
            page. The setting was breathtaking and rarely does an author create such a
            landscape that you could breathe the air and see the surroundings. Forget the
            story it is worth the read just for the description of the settings. I am so
            ready for a Clive Cussler novel damn I am sick of waiting.
            Hugs
            Terri

            Terri Pascal

            There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face
            reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
            --Douglas Everett

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
              Terri,
              We've bred and shown miniature longhaired dachshunds over the last
              few years. We're retired now and we have our two foundation studs, plus
              5 more that were born here. We imported a nice boy from Australia
              who finished his championship at a specialty with 5 points, and has produced
              some champions. Another boy finished from the BBE class and he, too,
              has champions around the world (2 in Japan, 1 in Australia.
              The oldest is nearly 11 yrs, down to 4 yrs.
              They are all old enough to respect books, but I can't get them to accept
              the 3 legged Lab next door!!!! VBG

              Nancy/Dachsies for Life
              Motto: Live, Love and Laugh
[...]

              Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

              Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
              to Traditional
              Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group

              Yahoo! News
              Kevin Sites
              Get coverage of
              world crises.