Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] My dog hates CLive Cussler

  • Mark Hadlund
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
      Your dog is saying "Pay attention to me." I've been owned by dogs so I can sympathize.

      Mark

      swksmason <swksmason@...> wrote: Or maybe he just hates me reading?? two books in a row I have gotten
      down to the last 5-10 chapters and he EATS the book. I lost Inca Gold
      now.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
        Mark,
        So true!!
        I've had a few puppies taste a book or two trying to understand why it
        has all my attention!! Now they snooze until I shut off my computer....then
        they are all over me!!

        Nancy/Dachsies for Life
        Motto: Live, Love and Laugh

        ----------

        Mark,
        So true!!
        I've had a few puppies taste a book or two trying to understand why it
        has all my attention!! Now they snooze until I shut off my computer....then
        they are all over me!!

        Nancy/Dachsies for Life
        Motto: Live, Love and Laugh

        Your dog is saying "Pay attention to me." I've been owned by dogs so I can
        sympathize.

        Mark

        swksmason <swksmason@...> wrote: Or maybe he just hates me reading??
        two books in a row I have gotten
        down to the last 5-10 chapters and he EATS the book. I lost Inca Gold
        now.

      • randi wallace
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
          regarding lost Clive Cussler books are you looking for replacement copies? ralph cox

        • swksmason
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
            He's doing it when we leave during the day. We lock them(yes two) in
            our bedrrom so they don't trash the house. Guess I need to keep my
            book in the bookcase instead of on the nightstand when I leave.!!!

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hadlund

          • pascalbear@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
              This thread is so funny. Some of you may know I raise cocker spaniels and
              have for over thirty years. Sold them all over the world and have won a number
              of awards over the years. Wish I could send photos man my dogs are so
              beautiful really!!!! My dogs have eaten all sorts of books over the years. When we
              have a new litter of puppies I can count on the little puppies to chew
              anything within reach. I hate keeping dogs in a kennel so I have all six running
              about. I have a new 6 month old girl Icee and boy she and I had our first
              big talk about books are mine only and she has her chew toys. I paper train my
              guys so I have to remember not to leave magazines or books on the floor
              which is soooooooooooooooo much worse than chewing.

              I am reading the Eric Lustbader Bourne book and I am a huge Lustbader fan
              but I am not sure I like this one. I finished Lee child Bad Luck and
              Trouble it was wonderful but he is getting predictable I hate that. I also read
              the Khaled Hosseini novel A Thousand Splendid Suns while I can't say I enjoyed
              reading it I could not put it down. I found the images disturbing at times
              and have thought of the book many times since finishing it. This author I
              think will be a top seller for years to come. Also read the new Raymond Khoury
              book The Sanctuary and I found it not really my kind of book I guess my mind
              doesn't like all that science related detail. I like more straight spy, crime,
              thrillers. I was really pleased to read the new Kathy Reichs book Bones to
              Ashes I really love the show Bones as well. One of the more surprising reads
              was The Tenderness of Wolves book by Stef Penney wow I enjoyed every single
              page. The setting was breathtaking and rarely does an author create such a
              landscape that you could breathe the air and see the surroundings. Forget the
              story it is worth the read just for the description of the settings. I am so
              ready for a Clive Cussler novel damn I am sick of waiting.
              Hugs
              Terri

              Terri Pascal

              There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face
              reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
              --Douglas Everett

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
                Terri,
                We've bred and shown miniature longhaired dachshunds over the last
                few years. We're retired now and we have our two foundation studs, plus
                5 more that were born here. We imported a nice boy from Australia
                who finished his championship at a specialty with 5 points, and has produced
                some champions. Another boy finished from the BBE class and he, too,
                has champions around the world (2 in Japan, 1 in Australia.
                The oldest is nearly 11 yrs, down to 4 yrs.
                They are all old enough to respect books, but I can't get them to accept
                the 3 legged Lab next door!!!! VBG

                Nancy/Dachsies for Life
                Motto: Live, Love and Laugh
[...]

                Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

                Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format
                to Traditional
                Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group

                Yahoo! News
                Kevin Sites
                Get coverage of
                world crises.