Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara - the Fight

  • Ed Homa
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2007
      how do you feel about the movie?

      Ed

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: swksmason <swksmason@...>
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:19:50 PM
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara - the Fight

      -I just finished reading the book after I had saw the movie....
      Totally two different experiences. They are basically two different
      story lines. Not too much in common at all. Similar concept, but the
      movie and the book follow two different courses to get to a very
      roughly the same conclusion. I can't say I was disappointed, but I am
      glad I read the book.

      -- In clivecusslerfanclub @yahoogroups. com, "Dan" <diamonddan@ ...> wrote:

      > Recently read a story in Entertainment weekly on the court fight
      > between the Sahara movie people and Clive. I need some info from some
      > diehards. I liked Sahara. I understood that they had to take things
      > out of a book, a movie always cuts things out because of time issues.
      > I know some people didn't like how Al was cast. I didn't have a
      > problem with it, cuz there ain't no Al's in Hollywood. I think they
      > did get the Dirk/Al relationship right, which I thought was
      > entertaining.
      >
      > What was Mr. Cussler's problems with the movie??

    • swksmason
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2007
        the movie was entertaining. I saw the movie before I read the
        book. Usually I do it the other way around. I liked the casting
        other than giordino. I just don't picture him as the guy for that
        role. Although I can't exactly picture anyone perfect, but I
        pictured giordino a little larger. Not taller. Had I never read
        the book, the movie could stand on it's own as a fair piece of work.
        I wasn't sorry i watched it by any means, but i didn't go away
        thinking WOW. Would have liked to see more of the myth of the Texas
        in the movie. Let the Abe lincoln story play out a bit. It is a
        little known myth that deserves some time.

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa