Re: Sahara - the Fight

  • swksmason
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2007
      -I just finished reading the book after I had saw the movie....
      Totally two different experiences. They are basically two different
      story lines. Not too much in common at all. Similar concept, but the
      movie and the book follow two different courses to get to a very
      roughly the same conclusion. I can't say I was disappointed, but I am
      glad I read the book.

      -- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <diamonddan@...> wrote:

      > Recently read a story in Entertainment weekly on the court fight
      > between the Sahara movie people and Clive. I need some info from some
      > diehards. I liked Sahara. I understood that they had to take things
      > out of a book, a movie always cuts things out because of time issues.
      > I know some people didn't like how Al was cast. I didn't have a
      > problem with it, cuz there ain't no Al's in Hollywood. I think they
      > did get the Dirk/Al relationship right, which I thought was
      > entertaining.
      >
      > What was Mr. Cussler's problems with the movie??

    • jackson barbara
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2007
        I did not like the bloodbath in the book Sahara.
        However, when I saw the movie, I said, "is that ALL!
        Where is the rest of it. It seemed like 90% of the
        book was left out.

        Also, Mr. Cussler describes his characters in great
        detail--physical and their personalities.

        Whoever made this movie blew it.

        http://mail.yahoo.com