Re: tunnels in white house

  • wjhesq2001
    Message 1 of 240 , Jun 8, 2001
      I am not aware of tunnels per se, but there are
      passageways between the White House and the Treasury Building
      and also to the Old Executive Office Building. Those
      passages are similiar to the ones you would find on
      Capital Hill linking the US Congress with the Senate and
      House Office Buildings.<br><br>When I lived and worked
      in DC, there were always rumors of a massive tunnel
      system underneath the city so government officials can
      move around covertly. Some of the extreme Right Wing
      claimed Clinton was bringing women into the White House
      through the tunnels. The movie DAVE with Kevin Klein uses
      the concept as a plot device.
      Message 240 of 240 , Jan 2, 2002