The Chase

  • prayrv
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 12 7:23 AM
      New novel coming out in November too!!

      http://www.amazon.com/Chase-Clive-Cussler/dp/0399154388/ref=sr_1_1/002-
      1451702-9468869?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176387732&sr=1-1

      Trish
    • Robert
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 7, 2007
        Hi All,

        Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:

        THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE

        11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
        11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
        11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
        11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
        11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
        11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
        11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
        11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
        11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
        11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
        11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
        11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM

        Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
        published times and locations are current.

        Regards,

        Bob Parker
        Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 8, 2007
          who will be at the signing?
          Baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:
          >
          > THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE
          >
          > 11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
          > 11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > 11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > 11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
          > 11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
          > 11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
          > 11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
          > 11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
          > 11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
          > 11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
          > 11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
          > 11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
          > 11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
          > 11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM
          >
          > Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
          > published times and locations are current.
          >
          > Regards,
          >

          > Bob Parker
          > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 8, 2007
            Clive Cussler will be at the signing. I had him autograph my copy
            of "The Chase" last night here in Albuquerque.

            Bob Parker

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, babaoriely76
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > who will be at the signing?
            > Baba
            >
            > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <bobcat626@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi All,
            > >
            > > Here is the book signing schedule for The Chase:
            > >
            > > THE CHASE" TOUR SCHEDULE
            > >
            > > 11/6, Phoenix, Poisoned Pen, 5 PM
            > > 11/7, Albuquerque, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
            > > 11/8, San Antonio, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
            > > 11/9, Houston, Murder by the Book, 6 PM
            > > 11/10, Dallas, Border's Preston Road, 2 PM
            > > 11/10, Dallas, Books-A-Million (Grapevine), 6 PM
            > > 11/11, Dallas, Sam's Club (Plano) NOON
            > > 11/12, San Diego, Warwick's, 7:30 PM
            > > 11/13, San Francisco, Kepler's, 7:30 PM
            > > 11/14, Seattle, Barnes & Noble, 7 PM
            > > 11/15, Seattle, Third Place Books, 7 PM
            > > 11/16, Portland, Powell's Beaverton, 7 PM
            > > 11/17, Denver, Tattered Cover, 2 PM
            > > 11/18, Denver, Costco (Littleton), 1:00 PM
            > >
            > > Please call the location in question prior to attending to ensure
            > > published times and locations are current.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >

            > > Bob Parker
            > > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

          • Ed Homa
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 9, 2007
              is this the first time you met CC?

              how was he?

              have you started the book?

              Ed

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 10, 2007
                I am so pissed the last three times C.C. has been on a book tour last
                minute things have come up and I have not been able to go, now here
                he is going to in SF on tuesday and I just statred a new job one that
                works late on you guessed it Tuesday and I dont think theres any way
                I can get off work in time to make it to SF to see him. and this will
                proubly be his last one. %##%^

              • kimberly95118@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 11, 2007
                  Well, if it helps Kepler's is actually in Menlo Park. I don't know where you
                  live, but that might be closer.
                  Kim

                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 12, 2007
                    Hi Ed,

                    Actually this is the fourth time I've met CC. All have been since
                    1999 and all here in Albuquerque. He has signed my copies of
                    Atlantis Found, Trojan Oddessy and The Chase. When the Treasure of
                    Khan came out, his son, Dirk was on the tour with him. I haven't
                    started The Chase yet. As a rule, I don't read the copies that I
                    have signed.

                    Bob
                    --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                      Thanks Kim I saw that it was in Menlo Park but I am in Concord so it
                      doesnt do me much good and the chance of me getting off work in time
                      is nada, so if you see him tell I sid Hi and maybe I can catch him if
                      he comes goes on tour again
                      Thanks
                      Babaoriely

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                        Is CC neglecting his fans in Florida????

                        Jeff

                      • James Hime
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                          He was just in South Carolina last month.

                          Jim Hime
                          Hatton, ND

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                            South Carolina is a nice place, but it is not Florida :)

                          • James Hime
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 13, 2007
                              It'closer than North Dakota. You might see him. We will
                              never see him here.

                              Jim Hime
                              Hatton, ND

                              Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                            • Ed Homa
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 14, 2007
                                how is CC?

                                a nice man?

                                <thunderball302@ ...> wrote:

                                > is this the first time you met CC?
                                >
                                > how was he?
                                >
                                > have you started the book?
                                >
                                > Ed

                              • Robert
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 15, 2007
                                  Hi Ed,

                                  Clive is very, very nice, always willing to answer questions. Not
                                  rushed at all. One time, he actually started earlier than the
                                  scheduled time. I get the impression that he is a little overwhelmed
                                  by the support his readers have for him. This time, when he
                                  arrived, everyone started applauding. He seemed genuinely surprised
                                  at the reaction.

                                  <thunderball302@...> wrote:

                                  > how is CC?
                                  >
                                  > a nice man?
                                  >
                                  > Ed

                                • iahadlund
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 12, 2009
                                    I don't remember a discussion of this novel so my apologies if it has
                                    been talked about before.

                                    I bought this book from Amazon thinking it was one of his Dirk Pitt
                                    series, it met my criteria, it was by Clive Cussler and I didn't have
                                    it. Only a few chapters into it and I absolutely love it. He has even
                                    managed to work in a mention of himself into the story. Set in 1906,
                                    one of the characters is all ready a car collector.