Sahara - the Fight

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2007
      Recently read a story in Entertainment weekly on the court fight
      between the Sahara movie people and Clive. I need some info from some
      diehards. I liked Sahara. I understood that they had to take things
      out of a book, a movie always cuts things out because of time issues.
      I know some people didn't like how Al was cast. I didn't have a
      problem with it, cuz there ain't no Al's in Hollywood. I think they
      did get the Dirk/Al relationship right, which I thought was
      entertaining.

      What was Mr. Cussler's problems with the movie??
    • swksmason
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2007
        -I just finished reading the book after I had saw the movie....
        Totally two different experiences. They are basically two different
        story lines. Not too much in common at all. Similar concept, but the
        movie and the book follow two different courses to get to a very
        roughly the same conclusion. I can't say I was disappointed, but I am
        glad I read the book.

        -- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <diamonddan@...> wrote:

        > Recently read a story in Entertainment weekly on the court fight
        > between the Sahara movie people and Clive. I need some info from some
        > diehards. I liked Sahara. I understood that they had to take things
        > out of a book, a movie always cuts things out because of time issues.
        > I know some people didn't like how Al was cast. I didn't have a
        > problem with it, cuz there ain't no Al's in Hollywood. I think they
        > did get the Dirk/Al relationship right, which I thought was
        > entertaining.
        >
        > What was Mr. Cussler's problems with the movie??

      • jackson barbara
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2007
          I did not like the bloodbath in the book Sahara.
          However, when I saw the movie, I said, "is that ALL!
          Where is the rest of it. It seemed like 90% of the
          book was left out.

          Also, Mr. Cussler describes his characters in great
          detail--physical and their personalities.

          Whoever made this movie blew it.

          http://mail.yahoo.com