Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: I invite you to join my circle of friends!

  • pascalbear@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2007
      To the new member who ask why this post is on here.

      The list as I have explained before this list is open to the public or one
      to ALL who want to join can and no post can be moderated. I am the only
      moderator/co owner but the owner for unknown reasons restricted the options to
      control these settings before he took a leave of absence. All emails to him have
      always bounced as a unknown address and he is on no mail for the list. The
      only option left for me is to ban the members who I feel are spammers as
      quickly as possible and I do catch a number before their first post. But most
      spammers join and post right away and then leave the group before I can ban
      them so they can rejoin. Those who don't I ban such as the writer of this post.
      I ask the group what about just having anew list. Those who took the time
      to reply either on the list or privately really didn't like the spammers but
      loosing the archives and files of this list were of greater concern. I try
      to spend as much times as I can monitor my list but I am disabled. Some days
      are not good days or I simply have things to do if it is really good day. I
      can't always catch spammers and especially if they join at really odd hours.
      If you have a solution please let me know.
      Terri

      http://www.aol.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2007
        Terri,
        You went to great effort to explain what we all know.
        Spammers find their way onto all these e-mail lists.
        Just like private spam messages, just tell 'em to delete!
        In fact, they should know this already....

        Nancy/Dachsies for Life
        Motto: Live, Love and Laugh