Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Skeleton Coast

  • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      Skeleton Coast the best of the Cussler books??

      I must protest LOL...NIght Probe is far and away INHO the best of any ot the
      series....

      The ending of Skeleton coast is so unbvelievable, to think that in such a
      short time the other guys could clean so much sand away (sorry to be vague, but I
      don't want to spoil the ending) is crazy....

      I do like the Oregon files books, but i thin CLive has lost his edge several
      books ago. The ones he collaborates on with Jack DuBrul are good but there is
      just something missing from the Cussler of old...such as Night Probe, Dragon,
      Shock Wave, etc. The latest Pitt novel Treasurers of Kahn had such a cheesy
      ending it almost hurt...

      I am glad someone mentioned Rollins,a s I just started "map of Bones" and am
      very impressed. I totally agree that he is more believable..

      Sorry to be down on Clive..

      Jeff Ursillo
      Chain of Events
      www.chainofevents.us

    • Warren Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
        I think you guys are spoiling it for us over here on the other side of the "pond"
        in Europe and don't have Skeleton Coast released yet.
        They need to hurry up. I'm getting Clive storage!

        r,
        Lee in Stuttgart Germany!

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
          yes, you may not have Skeleton Coast yet, but you had Davinci Code on
          paperback first..LOL..had to buy mine on Ebay, becasue i don't buy hardcovers and
          really wanted to read the book..LOL

          Jeff Ursillo
          Chain of Events
          www.chainofevents.us

        • Warren Lee
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            We may have gotten the paperback on D.C. but I'd rather read Clive anyday.
            I did read the book but didn't see what all the fuss was about.
            I haven't seen the movie, don't plan too, and just like I'll NEVER see the
            movie Sahara either.
            And thanks Nancy for the update on the lawsuit.
            Go get'em Mr. Cussler!

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
              The only fuss about Da Vinci Code was from the church...all for
              nothing...the movie was good as well...

              As for Sahara....it was a much better movie from a cussler book that Raise
              the Titanic was....No, Sahara was not true to the book but the book was pretty
              far fetched..the whole battle at the fort, etc. The movie was good
              entertaining and a fun time for me, anyway

              Jeff Ursillo
              Chain of Events
              http://www.chainofevents.us