RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: SPAM

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Yes, I think it matters. As a previous list moderator (not this one), if
      the moderators are restricted from setting certain options, it limits the
      moderator in managing the list. If this list owner no longer can exercise
      interest in this group, that owner should have given full management
      tools to the existing moderator. If not, then it would be best to
      start another list. As the current moderator knows, she can't even
      shut down this list.

      Nancy/Dachsies for Life
      Motto: Live, Love and Laugh
      From: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 02/01/07 12:45:15
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: SPAM

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <humtex@...>
      wrote:

      > I will gladly volunteer to help moderate this group to keep the SPAM
      > cleaned off and delete the member that sent it.

      The owner of this group is not active any longer due to personal
      obligations. He did not want to give me the ability to change group
      settings but wanted a moderator just in case. He felt the group
      should be an open to the public with requiring approval. Because of
      this anyone can join and often when they do they post spam and over
      half unsubscribe before I can ban them. Or they join with three or
      four addresses and I then must ban each one. This means they will
      have to use another address to join. With hundreds of free email
      accounts it is easy to get another addy. I don't know there is a new
      member until they post e which is too late to stop spammers

      What do list members want to do? We can form another group that is
      moderated on membership and content for new members This would
      drastically reduce spam. I don't know what to do at this point. If
      you have ideas please let me know. I appreciate your offer Larry and
      can add you if we have a new group.

      Terri