Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie

  • laurinda Drummond
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 15, 2006
      somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a variety of
      people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have in mind

      >From: BNMJEFF@...
      >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
      >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:39:06 EST
      >
      >Just as acuriosity question...sinxce most responses to this post were anti
      >Matt and Steven's casting. I have seen no "instead of" posts....it's one
      >thing
      >to just say you don't like an actor in a role...who would you cast in the
      >role???
      >
      >Jeff

      Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to keep your
      computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup
      files a breeze. Try it today!
      http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca
    • natalie_carlson92
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 16, 2006
        well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
        the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
        "right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
        matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
        i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
        hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
        day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol

        ~Nattie

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 17, 2006
          so right. I mean i saw the guy they chose and it was like hello god no

          >From: "natalie_carlson92" <miss_me_92@...>
          >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
          >Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:23:05 -0000
          >
          >well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
          >the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
          >"right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
          >matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
          >i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
          >hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
          >day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol
          >
          >~Nattie
          >

          >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
          ><laurinda_ann@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a
          >variety of
          > > people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have
          >in mind
          > >

          > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
          > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
          > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
          > > >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:39:06 EST
          > > >
          > > >Just as acuriosity question...sinxce most responses to this post
          >were anti
          > > >Matt and Steven's casting. I have seen no "instead of"
          >posts....it's one
          > > >thing
          > > >to just say you don't like an actor in a role...who would you cast
          >in the
          > > >role???
          > > >
          > > >Jeff

          > > Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to
          >keep your
          > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
          >backup
          > > files a breeze. Try it today!
          > >
          >http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

          Ready for the world's first international mobile film festival celebrating
          the creative potential of today's youth? Check out Mobile Jam Fest for your
          a chance to WIN $10,000! www.mobilejamfest.com
        • natalie_carlson92
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 17, 2006
            yeah. wait. who are you talking about? lol

            <laurinda_ann@...> wrote:

            > so right. I mean i saw the guy they chose and it was like hello god no
            >

            > >From: "natalie_carlson92" <miss_me_92@...>
            > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
            > >Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:23:05 -0000
            > >
            > >well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
            > >the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
            > >"right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
            > >matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
            > >i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
            > >hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
            > >day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol
            > >
            > >~Nattie
            > >

            > >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
            > ><laurinda_ann@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a
            > >variety of
            > > > people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have
            > >in mind

            > >were anti
            > >posts....it's one
            > >in the

          • flutefacekk
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 18, 2006
              Honestly, I can't come up with anyone who quite fits the Al picture
              I have, so I'd have to think about that for awhile. As far as Dirk,
              I could see Jay Pickett in that role. Now, you're all probably
              thinking "Jay who?" He's not a complete unknown, he's been around
              for awhile, but is probably best known for his role as Frank Scanlon
              on the unfortunately-now-defunct soap "Port Charles". He's a fine
              actor with a good range, and pretty darn hot to boot. :) I could
              definitely see him playing Dirk Pitt.

            • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 19, 2006
                BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into a phony
                James Bond :)

              • laurinda Drummond
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 19, 2006
                  good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an adventurer, who
                  was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck

                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                    Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                    Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                    know where that came from!

                    Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                    pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                    in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.

                    And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                    and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                    ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                    but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                    the bill.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                      ok ha! sorry! :)

                      >From: "flutefacekk" <KathyKirchner@...>
                      >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                      >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:56:16 -0000
                      >
                      >Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                      >Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                      >know where that came from!
                      >
                      >Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                      >pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                      >in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.
                      >
                      >And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                      >and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                      >ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                      >but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                      >the bill.
                      >

                      >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
                      ><laurinda_ann@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an
                      >adventurer, who
                      > > was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck
                      > >

                      > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
                      > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                      > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                      > > >Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:38:15 EST
                      > > >
                      > > >BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into
                      >a phony
                      > > >James Bond :)

                      > > Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to
                      >keep your
                      > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
                      >backup
                      > > files a breeze. Try it today!
                      > > http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-
                      >4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

                      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
                      route! Check out Live Local today! http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/
                    • winfred karungi
                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                        hi guys i know what the big fuss is all about, anyway its been a long time sice we last had an interesting debate in this club but arguing about a character, for one i have never heardoj jay whats his second name(no offence dears)andi think mathew did a good job , right he was nothing like i had imagined dirk to be but he had the physical looks and muscles, i have no idea what they went through to get to him but he's what we got, i guess a number of people must be reading dirk pitts adventures with mathew in mind but its an image it can be changed, we are still trying to accept some one else as james bond instead of pierce brosnan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wats new in the world of books,

                        laurinda Drummond <laurinda_ann@...> wrote: ok ha! sorry! :)

                        >From: "flutefacekk"
                        >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                        >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:56:16 -0000
                        >
                        >Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                        >Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                        >know where that came from!
                        >
                        >Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                        >pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                        >in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.
                        >
                        >And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                        >and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                        >ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                        >but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                        >the bill.
                        >

                        >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an
                        >adventurer, who
                        > > was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck
                        > >

                        > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
                        > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                        > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                        > > >Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:38:15 EST
                        > > >
                        > > >BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into
                        >a phony
                        > > >James Bond :)

                        > > Not only does Windows Live™ OneCare™ provide all-in-one PC care to
                        >keep your
                        > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
                        >backup
                        > > files a breeze. Try it today!
                        > > http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-
                        >4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

                        winnie the pooh

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                          Regarding James Bond..Thank goodness we got rid of Brosnan..Wish we could
                          get Dalton back..if you read the books at all, he is most what Fleming wrote
                          bond to be..hard not pretty boy attractive, but not unattractive and
                          again..DARK...in the books, Bond was a bit unbalanced.....Got you curious??

                          Jeff

                        • laurinda Drummond
                          Message 12 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                            they say that the new casino royale is very close to what the idea for the
                            bond character is. First i did not like the idea of the new guy but it is
                            appealing to me now

                            Message 13 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                              My friend and her husband saw Casino Royale this weekend and thoroughly
                              enjoyed it.
                              We're going ourselves to see it soon.

                              Nancy/Dachsies for Life
                              they say that the new casino royale is very close to what the idea for the
                              bond character is. First i did not like the idea of the new guy but it is
                              appealing to me now

                              >From: BNMJEFF@...
                              >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                              >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:25:58 EST
                              >
                              >Regarding James Bond..Thank goodness we got rid of Brosnan..Wish we could
                              >get Dalton back..if you read the books at all, he is most what Fleming
                              >wrote
                              >bond to be..hard not pretty boy attractive, but not unattractive and
                              >again..DARK...in the books, Bond was a bit unbalanced.....Got you
                              >curious??
                              >
                              >Jeff

                            • laurinda Drummond
                              Message 14 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                great maybe my husband and I will go! Laurinda

                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                  exactly right..Craig looks to be a good true to the book type Bond

                                  Jeff