[Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie

  • laurinda
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 14, 2006
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, BNMJEFF@... wrote:

      > Jordan was too monotone for the role, I felt...no passion, no fire...although
      > the partw as written almost as an afterthought. I think they played all the
      > main characters down to make the ship the prime character...bad mistake..in the
      > book the Titanic was a minor issue, the main thrust was all the main plots
      > Cussler had going ...
      >
      > Jeff

      I personally was not fond of this movie. I found the book had alot more character
      development. I did not like what they did with Als character. It was not at all what my mind
      had created. I also was not partial to Matt being Dirk.
    • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 15, 2006
        Just as acuriosity question...sinxce most responses to this post were anti
        Matt and Steven's casting. I have seen no "instead of" posts....it's one thing
        to just say you don't like an actor in a role...who would you cast in the
        role???

        Jeff

      • laurinda Drummond
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 15, 2006
          somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a variety of
          people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have in mind

          >From: BNMJEFF@...
          >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
          >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:39:06 EST
          >
          >Just as acuriosity question...sinxce most responses to this post were anti
          >Matt and Steven's casting. I have seen no "instead of" posts....it's one
          >thing
          >to just say you don't like an actor in a role...who would you cast in the
          >role???
          >
          >Jeff

          Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to keep your
          computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup
          files a breeze. Try it today!
          http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca
        • natalie_carlson92
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 16, 2006
            well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
            the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
            "right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
            matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
            i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
            hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
            day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol

            ~Nattie

            --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 17, 2006
              so right. I mean i saw the guy they chose and it was like hello god no

              >From: "natalie_carlson92" <miss_me_92@...>
              >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
              >Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:23:05 -0000
              >
              >well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
              >the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
              >"right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
              >matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
              >i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
              >hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
              >day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol
              >
              >~Nattie
              >

              >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
              ><laurinda_ann@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a
              >variety of
              > > people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have
              >in mind
              > >

              > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
              > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
              > > >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:39:06 EST
              > > >
              > > >Just as acuriosity question...sinxce most responses to this post
              >were anti
              > > >Matt and Steven's casting. I have seen no "instead of"
              >posts....it's one
              > > >thing
              > > >to just say you don't like an actor in a role...who would you cast
              >in the
              > > >role???
              > > >
              > > >Jeff

              > > Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to
              >keep your
              > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
              >backup
              > > files a breeze. Try it today!
              > >
              >http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

              Ready for the world's first international mobile film festival celebrating
              the creative potential of today's youth? Check out Mobile Jam Fest for your
              a chance to WIN $10,000! www.mobilejamfest.com
            • natalie_carlson92
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 17, 2006
                yeah. wait. who are you talking about? lol

                <laurinda_ann@...> wrote:

                > so right. I mean i saw the guy they chose and it was like hello god no
                >

                > >From: "natalie_carlson92" <miss_me_92@...>
                > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                > >Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:23:05 -0000
                > >
                > >well.. if you listen to breck eisner in the behind the scenes stuff on
                > >the dvd of sahara he says they looked around for a long time for the
                > >"right" al giordino and they couldn't find him. he said that nobody
                > >matched that physical description that could act. anyways.... i think
                > >i'd probably tell some guy that kind of looked like al... like the
                > >hair and the face kind of and tell him to like start working out every
                > >day to build up his muscles... i don't know who it would be tho... lol
                > >
                > >~Nattie
                > >

                > >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
                > ><laurinda_ann@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > somebody totally unknown i think. I would do a casting call for a
                > >variety of
                > > > people. I do not think anybody in Hollywood is currently what i have
                > >in mind

                > >were anti
                > >posts....it's one
                > >in the

              • flutefacekk
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 18, 2006
                  Honestly, I can't come up with anyone who quite fits the Al picture
                  I have, so I'd have to think about that for awhile. As far as Dirk,
                  I could see Jay Pickett in that role. Now, you're all probably
                  thinking "Jay who?" He's not a complete unknown, he's been around
                  for awhile, but is probably best known for his role as Frank Scanlon
                  on the unfortunately-now-defunct soap "Port Charles". He's a fine
                  actor with a good range, and pretty darn hot to boot. :) I could
                  definitely see him playing Dirk Pitt.

                • BNMJEFF@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 19, 2006
                    BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into a phony
                    James Bond :)

                  • laurinda Drummond
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 19, 2006
                      good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an adventurer, who
                      was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck

                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                        Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                        Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                        know where that came from!

                        Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                        pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                        in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.

                        And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                        and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                        ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                        but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                        the bill.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                          ok ha! sorry! :)

                          >From: "flutefacekk" <KathyKirchner@...>
                          >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                          >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:56:16 -0000
                          >
                          >Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                          >Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                          >know where that came from!
                          >
                          >Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                          >pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                          >in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.
                          >
                          >And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                          >and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                          >ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                          >but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                          >the bill.
                          >

                          >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
                          ><laurinda_ann@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an
                          >adventurer, who
                          > > was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck
                          > >

                          > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
                          > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                          > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                          > > >Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:38:15 EST
                          > > >
                          > > >BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into
                          >a phony
                          > > >James Bond :)

                          > > Not only does Windows Live� OneCare� provide all-in-one PC care to
                          >keep your
                          > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
                          >backup
                          > > files a breeze. Try it today!
                          > > http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-
                          >4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

                          Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
                          route! Check out Live Local today! http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/
                        • winfred karungi
                          Message 12 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                            hi guys i know what the big fuss is all about, anyway its been a long time sice we last had an interesting debate in this club but arguing about a character, for one i have never heardoj jay whats his second name(no offence dears)andi think mathew did a good job , right he was nothing like i had imagined dirk to be but he had the physical looks and muscles, i have no idea what they went through to get to him but he's what we got, i guess a number of people must be reading dirk pitts adventures with mathew in mind but its an image it can be changed, we are still trying to accept some one else as james bond instead of pierce brosnan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wats new in the world of books,

                            laurinda Drummond <laurinda_ann@...> wrote: ok ha! sorry! :)

                            >From: "flutefacekk"
                            >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                            >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:56:16 -0000
                            >
                            >Good heavens, people, I was not suggesting a 'pretty boy' model!
                            >Nor was I suggesting James Bond in any way, shape, or form - don't
                            >know where that came from!
                            >
                            >Jay Pickett is strong and masculine, and certainly capable of
                            >pulling off a "rugged adventurer" image. Just because he spent time
                            >in the world of soaps does not mean he can't act.
                            >
                            >And who's to say that someone can't be an adventurer, and capable,
                            >and still be attractive? Dirk certainly wins his share of the
                            >ladies, doesn't he? My picture of him is not movie-star handsome,
                            >but certainly not a troll, so I still say that Jay Pickett would fit
                            >the bill.
                            >

                            >--- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurinda Drummond"
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > good grief no Dirk is not hot. God no. I always imagined an
                            >adventurer, who
                            > > was capable of stuff. Not looking for some hot guy, yeck
                            > >

                            > > >From: BNMJEFF@...
                            > > >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                            > > >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                            > > >Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:38:15 EST
                            > > >
                            > > >BUt Dirk was not "pretty darn hot"...stop trying to make him into
                            >a phony
                            > > >James Bond :)

                            > > Not only does Windows Live™ OneCare™ provide all-in-one PC care to
                            >keep your
                            > > computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating
                            >backup
                            > > files a breeze. Try it today!
                            > > http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-
                            >4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

                            winnie the pooh

                            Message 13 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                              Regarding James Bond..Thank goodness we got rid of Brosnan..Wish we could
                              get Dalton back..if you read the books at all, he is most what Fleming wrote
                              bond to be..hard not pretty boy attractive, but not unattractive and
                              again..DARK...in the books, Bond was a bit unbalanced.....Got you curious??

                              Jeff

                            • laurinda Drummond
                              Message 14 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                they say that the new casino royale is very close to what the idea for the
                                bond character is. First i did not like the idea of the new guy but it is
                                appealing to me now

                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                  My friend and her husband saw Casino Royale this weekend and thoroughly
                                  enjoyed it.
                                  We're going ourselves to see it soon.

                                  Nancy/Dachsies for Life
                                  they say that the new casino royale is very close to what the idea for the
                                  bond character is. First i did not like the idea of the new guy but it is
                                  appealing to me now

                                  >From: BNMJEFF@...
                                  >To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
                                  >Subject: Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: Sahara- the movie
                                  >Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:25:58 EST
                                  >
                                  >Regarding James Bond..Thank goodness we got rid of Brosnan..Wish we could
                                  >get Dalton back..if you read the books at all, he is most what Fleming
                                  >wrote
                                  >bond to be..hard not pretty boy attractive, but not unattractive and
                                  >again..DARK...in the books, Bond was a bit unbalanced.....Got you
                                  >curious??
                                  >
                                  >Jeff

                                • laurinda Drummond
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                    great maybe my husband and I will go! Laurinda

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 20, 2006
                                      exactly right..Craig looks to be a good true to the book type Bond

                                      Jeff