Re: hi

  • James
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
      I too have read the Cussler novels, spinoffs, and the non-fiction.
      I found the most recent novel to be a bit hard to get through. I do
      enjoy the spin off series featuring Juan Cabrillo as it offers a
      fresh approach, but this is a Cussler site so I will keep my remarks
      to that.

      All series get a bit dry after a while. Look at the Tom Clancy
      novels and how awful they got near the end and what terrible movies
      they got made into.

      I wish Clive would write more of the Sea Hunters series if he is
      going to continue to write. In his life, truth is often stranger
      than fiction, and if the recent writing is any indication, a little
      more exciting.

      I really appreciate the hours of reading pleasure that Dr. Cussler's
      novels and non fiction provided to me and my friends. If he wants
      one, he has earned a rest. He should go out at the top of his
      game. To use a baseball analogy, I hope he will not be like Joe
      Dimaggio who stayed in the game too long and struggled to make it
      around the bases on more time.
    • winfred karungi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
        hi paula. its nice to hear that there are fans out there. i am in uganda, where are you. actually i have finished reading black wind. am a really determined reader once i start on a book, it was interesting though at some points it seems to drag. but dirk is as interesting as ever. before i checked out the fanclub i didnt know about sahara the movie and yet that was my first and still most favorite cussler book. so i borrowed the movie yesterday and watched it. it was ok. hows trojan odyssey?let me know. i made a resolution to buy one book each month, maybe i will buy it next. thanks so much for repling hope to hear from u soon.

        paula schaeffer <pschaeffer3@...> wrote: hello fellow clive cussler fan.............I am a huge
        fan myself...I have not purchased Black Wind as of
        this moment..............I am currently reading Trojan
        Odessy.....................I hoard each book until a
        few new ones are released......................then I
        will start reading until I reach the latest
        book.........

        --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@...> wrote:

        > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
        > fan club but i am
        > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
        > writer or what. i
        > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
        > find afew people to
        > share it with where is the love?

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        winnie the pooh

      • Jeff Phillips
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
          Hello All, it's been awhile since my last post. I am happy too see & hear of other Cussler Fan's, he has always been my favorite Author, and as I try to write my first novel, I always look at one of his books - to get strength as I write!!

          Clive will always be known as a writer's writer!!!

          paula schaeffer <pschaeffer3@ yahoo.com> wrote: hello fellow clive cussler fan......... ....I am a huge

          --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
          > fan club but i am
          > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
          > writer or what. i
          > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
          > find afew people to
          > share it with where is the love?

          http://mail. yahoo.com

          winnie the pooh

        • H Tex
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
            Hi all,,,

            Aren't there some new books out, since Black Wind?

            I have been keeping an eye out, but haven't seen
            any...

            Y'all have a fun 4th..

            http://mail.yahoo.com