hi

  • wynekarungi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2006
      hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the fan club but i am
      disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite writer or what. i
      have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would find afew people to
      share it with where is the love?
    • paula schaeffer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
        hello fellow clive cussler fan.............I am a huge
        fan myself...I have not purchased Black Wind as of
        this moment..............I am currently reading Trojan
        Odessy.....................I hoard each book until a
        few new ones are released......................then I
        will start reading until I reach the latest
        book.........

        --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@...> wrote:

        > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
        > fan club but i am
        > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
        > writer or what. i
        > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
        > find afew people to
        > share it with where is the love?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Justin Fog
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
          Folks,

          I'm a Clive Cussler fan since I read "Icebearg" several years ago. Since
          then, I've read all Dirk Pitt adventures, and they are great...

          well, have been great till Black Wind. Black Wind is the first Dirk Pitt
          novel I had to fight my way through the first half of the book. It's by far
          not as exciting as all the previous novels. In the first half of Black Wind,
          the action is somehwat foreseeable without any surprises - until after about
          half of the book. Then, things speed up to the hair-rising
          roller-coaster-ride of underwater action I'm used to as a Cussler fan.
          In my opinion, the main problem seems to be the writing. I couldn't help but
          feel that Clive Cussler didn't write the first half of the book by himself.
          The writing style is somehow different than in his previous books. There are
          expressions like "angst" which he didn't use before, and I would suggest
          that he should write the future Dirk Pitt novels by himself again. Also,
          Dirk and Al Giordino get very little to do. But the showdown is Dirk Pitt at
          his best...a nail-biting race against time. Dirk Junior is not nearly as
          good as his da was, and he still has a lot to learn...but when he eventually
          does...we're in for a treat, I'm sure.

          Also - Dirk Junior found his big love in the second novel already. Well,
          Dirk senior took longer. But then, the lady Dirk Junior chose to give his
          heart to is a promising character...as much as Loren Smith was for Dirk
          senior.

          Anyway, I'm glad I fought my may through the first half and was compensated
          for the disappointment by the action in the second half of the book. I sure
          do hope that Clive Cussler will decide to focus on the Dirk Pitt adventures
          again and write them by himself in the future.

          Jasper

          hello fellow clive cussler fan.............I am a huge
          fan myself...I have not purchased Black Wind as of
          this moment..............I am currently reading Trojan
          Odessy.....................I hoard each book until a
          few new ones are released......................then I
          will start reading until I reach the latest
          book.........

          --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@...> wrote:

          > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
          > fan club but i am
          > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
          > writer or what. i
          > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
          > find afew people to
          > share it with where is the love?

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • James
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2006
            I too have read the Cussler novels, spinoffs, and the non-fiction.
            I found the most recent novel to be a bit hard to get through. I do
            enjoy the spin off series featuring Juan Cabrillo as it offers a
            fresh approach, but this is a Cussler site so I will keep my remarks
            to that.

            All series get a bit dry after a while. Look at the Tom Clancy
            novels and how awful they got near the end and what terrible movies
            they got made into.

            I wish Clive would write more of the Sea Hunters series if he is
            going to continue to write. In his life, truth is often stranger
            than fiction, and if the recent writing is any indication, a little
            more exciting.

            I really appreciate the hours of reading pleasure that Dr. Cussler's
            novels and non fiction provided to me and my friends. If he wants
            one, he has earned a rest. He should go out at the top of his
            game. To use a baseball analogy, I hope he will not be like Joe
            Dimaggio who stayed in the game too long and struggled to make it
            around the bases on more time.
          • winfred karungi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
              hi paula. its nice to hear that there are fans out there. i am in uganda, where are you. actually i have finished reading black wind. am a really determined reader once i start on a book, it was interesting though at some points it seems to drag. but dirk is as interesting as ever. before i checked out the fanclub i didnt know about sahara the movie and yet that was my first and still most favorite cussler book. so i borrowed the movie yesterday and watched it. it was ok. hows trojan odyssey?let me know. i made a resolution to buy one book each month, maybe i will buy it next. thanks so much for repling hope to hear from u soon.

              paula schaeffer <pschaeffer3@...> wrote: hello fellow clive cussler fan.............I am a huge
              fan myself...I have not purchased Black Wind as of
              this moment..............I am currently reading Trojan
              Odessy.....................I hoard each book until a
              few new ones are released......................then I
              will start reading until I reach the latest
              book.........

              --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@...> wrote:

              > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
              > fan club but i am
              > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
              > writer or what. i
              > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
              > find afew people to
              > share it with where is the love?

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              winnie the pooh

            • Jeff Phillips
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
                Hello All, it's been awhile since my last post. I am happy too see & hear of other Cussler Fan's, he has always been my favorite Author, and as I try to write my first novel, I always look at one of his books - to get strength as I write!!

                Clive will always be known as a writer's writer!!!

                paula schaeffer <pschaeffer3@ yahoo.com> wrote: hello fellow clive cussler fan......... ....I am a huge

                --- wynekarungi <wynekarungi@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > hi 2all clive cussler fans. i have just joined the
                > fan club but i am
                > disappointed, have we lost track of our favorite
                > writer or what. i
                > have just bought BLACK WIND and i thought i would
                > find afew people to
                > share it with where is the love?

                http://mail. yahoo.com

                winnie the pooh

              • H Tex
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2006
                  Hi all,,,

                  Aren't there some new books out, since Black Wind?

                  I have been keeping an eye out, but haven't seen
                  any...

                  Y'all have a fun 4th..

                  http://mail.yahoo.com