Re: Movie Law Suits (aka Questions from a Newbie)

  • Doctor Wholittle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hey, all --

      I'm a relative newbie to DP / CC, although I've known of both for about 15 years now (and was familiar w/ the Richard Jordan movie before I knew who either DP / CC were), so pardon me if I'm asking redundant questions.

      Having not read "SAHARA", I don't know all the discrepancies that're always so prevalent in any media adaptation, but I did like it & the characterisations. I hope to see more celluloid adventures of Dirk, Al, the Admiral, & NUMA. So... what're these law suits regarding the movie version of "SAHARA"?! While suits are generally not a good thing, there are degrees of suits that can be settled fairly easily, while others will put the kibosh on the property ad infinitum. Which is the case here?

      Also, I've recently picked up a copy of "CC & DP Revealed", but haven't read any of the novels yet. Should I abstain from reading it before I delve into the actual books, & if so, should I start from the beginning & go from there, or are there certain ones that're recommended to start with?

      Thanks for the indulgence & I'm really glad to be here.

      -- The Doctor

    • James DeRuvo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
        And when you get to Sahara, you'll come to realize
        that whatever book they adapted for the movie, it sure
        wasn't Sahara.

        http://mail.yahoo.com