Re: Trojan Odyssey

  • branca_87
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
      Most, if not all, of Clive Cussler's books are unbelievable. It is
      part of the fun, that Max is too.

      Branca

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "smith_zuze"
      <smith_zuze@...> wrote:

      > Man. Max has changed a lot though out the series. Max is possible
      > the smartest person on earth. ( Person as lifeforms, Computer
      > programs)
      >
      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "humtex" <humtex@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > We have seen MAX develope and grow through out the series. I
      > worked
      > > in computers for 35 years. Max isn't beyond the future evolution
      of
      > > super computers/artifical intelligence. This desktop pc is more
      > > powerful than the first mainframes I worked on so long ago. And
      > they
      > > took up a huge amount of space and power. Max isn't much
      different
      > > than HAL, Colossus (sp)or any of the Star Treks... Anyhow, makes
      > for
      > > fun reading.
      > >
      > > I like MAX!
      > >
      > > Tim,,,might want to back up and start the whole series from the
      > > beginning. Great reading!
      > >
      > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > >
      > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "timmcilveen"
      > > <TimMcIlveen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > > I've just bought my first Cussler novel, Trojan Odyssey, after
      > being
      > > > blown away by the film, Sahara, which was great!
      > > > The book has been a great read so far and I reckon that I will
      > buy
      > > > many more.
      > > > One thing I did find VERY strange, however, and which made me
      > wince in
      > > > disbelief was the intelligent computer, Max, which was capable
      > of
      > > > human like reasoning, and apparently, the ability to conduct
      > > > complicated scientific tests itself! I found this so
      > unbelieveable
      > > > that it 'pulled me out' of the story. I think it would have
      been
      > far
      > > > more believable if Max had been the director of a lab, rather
      > than
      > > > being a computer! Does Max creep up in many Cussler novels?
      > > > thanks.
      > > > tim

    • Zuze Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 3 4:47 PM
        Clive is awsome, Has anyone met him in person. I really would like to meet him.

        branca_87 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Most, if not all, of Clive Cussler's books are unbelievable. It is