Re: Trojan Odyssey

  • smith_zuze
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      Man. Max has changed a lot though out the series. Max is possible
      the smartest person on earth. ( Person as lifeforms, Computer
      programs)

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "humtex" <humtex@...>
      wrote:

      > We have seen MAX develope and grow through out the series. I
      worked
      > in computers for 35 years. Max isn't beyond the future evolution of
      > super computers/artifical intelligence. This desktop pc is more
      > powerful than the first mainframes I worked on so long ago. And
      they
      > took up a huge amount of space and power. Max isn't much different
      > than HAL, Colossus (sp)or any of the Star Treks... Anyhow, makes
      for
      > fun reading.
      >
      > I like MAX!
      >
      > Tim,,,might want to back up and start the whole series from the
      > beginning. Great reading!
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >
      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "timmcilveen"
      > <TimMcIlveen@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I've just bought my first Cussler novel, Trojan Odyssey, after
      being
      > > blown away by the film, Sahara, which was great!
      > > The book has been a great read so far and I reckon that I will
      buy
      > > many more.
      > > One thing I did find VERY strange, however, and which made me
      wince in
      > > disbelief was the intelligent computer, Max, which was capable
      of
      > > human like reasoning, and apparently, the ability to conduct
      > > complicated scientific tests itself! I found this so
      unbelieveable
      > > that it 'pulled me out' of the story. I think it would have been
      far
      > > more believable if Max had been the director of a lab, rather
      than
      > > being a computer! Does Max creep up in many Cussler novels?
      > > thanks.
      > > tim

    • branca_87
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
        Most, if not all, of Clive Cussler's books are unbelievable. It is
        part of the fun, that Max is too.

        Branca

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "smith_zuze"
        <smith_zuze@...> wrote:

        > Man. Max has changed a lot though out the series. Max is possible
        > the smartest person on earth. ( Person as lifeforms, Computer
        > programs)
        >
        > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "humtex" <humtex@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > We have seen MAX develope and grow through out the series. I
        > worked
        > > in computers for 35 years. Max isn't beyond the future evolution
        of
        > > super computers/artifical intelligence. This desktop pc is more
        > > powerful than the first mainframes I worked on so long ago. And
        > they
        > > took up a huge amount of space and power. Max isn't much
        different
        > > than HAL, Colossus (sp)or any of the Star Treks... Anyhow, makes
        > for
        > > fun reading.
        > >
        > > I like MAX!
        > >
        > > Tim,,,might want to back up and start the whole series from the
        > > beginning. Great reading!
        > >
        > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > >
        > > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "timmcilveen"
        > > <TimMcIlveen@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > > I've just bought my first Cussler novel, Trojan Odyssey, after
        > being
        > > > blown away by the film, Sahara, which was great!
        > > > The book has been a great read so far and I reckon that I will
        > buy
        > > > many more.
        > > > One thing I did find VERY strange, however, and which made me
        > wince in
        > > > disbelief was the intelligent computer, Max, which was capable
        > of
        > > > human like reasoning, and apparently, the ability to conduct
        > > > complicated scientific tests itself! I found this so
        > unbelieveable
        > > > that it 'pulled me out' of the story. I think it would have
        been
        > far
        > > > more believable if Max had been the director of a lab, rather
        > than
        > > > being a computer! Does Max creep up in many Cussler novels?
        > > > thanks.
        > > > tim

      • Zuze Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 3, 2006
          Clive is awsome, Has anyone met him in person. I really would like to meet him.

          branca_87 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Most, if not all, of Clive Cussler's books are unbelievable. It is