Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Just read Sahara for the first time in ten years.. how different from the movie.

  • lizard_tbone
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
      I sent him a get well card and he wrote back! *squeals in excitement*

      ~Lizard~

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Terri Pascal
      <pascalbear@...> wrote:

      > This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005
      >

      > Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against

      SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%
      20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
      > the
      movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%
      20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
      > on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
      > heart bypass surgery.
      >
      > Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-
      makers for
      > almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the
      script as
      > they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
      > Scottsdale, Arizona.
      >
      > Cussler's
      actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara
      %20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
      > DAYNA tells website
      > PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital,
      but he's
      > a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be
      seeing the
      > movie."
      >

      > On 2/17/06, wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was shocked at how different and better the book was than the
      Movie.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
        Lizard,
        Clive Cussler is very responsive to his fans.
        He'll even send you signed manuscript pages of your request if they are
        available.

        Nancy in Utah