Re: Just read Sahara for the first time in ten years.. how different from the movie.

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
      I just started to read again myself for the 5th or 6th time but not
      in a few years and it is so much better but a movie is only a couple
      of hundres pages the book is 6 hundred pages you cant fit it all in.
      but as with every bookthat has been made into a mivie that book is
      always better
      baba

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Terri Pascal
      <pascalbear@...> wrote:

      > This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005
      >

      > Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against

      SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara
      %20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
      > the
      movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%
      20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
      > on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
      > heart bypass surgery.
      >
      > Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-
      makers for
      > almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the
      script as
      > they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
      > Scottsdale, Arizona.
      >
      > Cussler's
      actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahar
      a%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
      > DAYNA tells website
      > PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital,
      but he's
      > a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be
      seeing the
      > movie."
      >

      > On 2/17/06, wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was shocked at how different and better the book was than the
      Movie.

      > > The Movie was good, I bought it, and it is great, but just not
      the same as
      > > the book.
      > >
      > > Did the rumoured lawsuit by Cussler against the studio ever come
      > > fruition?
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Terri Pascal
      > Pascalbear@...
      > In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to
      > lose sight of the shore for a very long time. Anonymous

    • lizard_tbone
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
        I sent him a get well card and he wrote back! *squeals in excitement*

        ~Lizard~

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
          Lizard,
          Clive Cussler is very responsive to his fans.
          He'll even send you signed manuscript pages of your request if they are
          available.

          Nancy in Utah