Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Just read Sahara for the first time in ten years.. how different from the movie.

  • Terri Pascal
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17 2:59 PM
      This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005

      Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against
      SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
      the movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
      on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
      heart bypass surgery.

      Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-makers for
      almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the script as
      they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
      Scottsdale, Arizona.

      Cussler's actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
      DAYNA tells website
      PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital, but he's
      a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be seeing the
      movie."

      --
      Terri Pascal
      Pascalbear@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17 3:16 PM
        I just started to read again myself for the 5th or 6th time but not
        in a few years and it is so much better but a movie is only a couple
        of hundres pages the book is 6 hundred pages you cant fit it all in.
        but as with every bookthat has been made into a mivie that book is
        always better
        baba

        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Terri Pascal
        <pascalbear@...> wrote:

        > This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005
        >

        > Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against

        SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara
        %20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
        > the
        movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%
        20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
        > on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
        > heart bypass surgery.
        >
        > Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-
        makers for
        > almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the
        script as
        > they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
        > Scottsdale, Arizona.
        >
        > Cussler's
        actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahar
        a%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
        > DAYNA tells website
        > PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital,
        but he's
        > a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be
        seeing the
        > movie."
        >

        > On 2/17/06, wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was shocked at how different and better the book was than the
        Movie.

        > > The Movie was good, I bought it, and it is great, but just not
        the same as
        > > the book.
        > >
        > > Did the rumoured lawsuit by Cussler against the studio ever come
        > > fruition?
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Terri Pascal
        > Pascalbear@...
        > In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to
        > lose sight of the shore for a very long time. Anonymous

      • lizard_tbone
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25 6:55 PM
          I sent him a get well card and he wrote back! *squeals in excitement*

          ~Lizard~

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25 7:10 PM
            Lizard,
            Clive Cussler is very responsive to his fans.
            He'll even send you signed manuscript pages of your request if they are
            available.

            Nancy in Utah