Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Just read Sahara for the first time in ten years.. how different from the movie.

  • John Canning
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
      Movies are made for one thing only, and that is to make a profit. There are hundreds of different people working towards the completion and release of a film. And they all will have some input towards the completion of the project. A Book is A Book, a Movie is a Movie. Even if Clive Cussler controlled every aspect of the films production, from writing the script, to choosing the talent, to deciding the cameras angles, the end result would still differ from the scenes played in your mind while reading. You, like myself enjoy the works of this Author, we can best help by buying his books.

      JC

      wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      I was shocked at how different and better the book was than the Movie.

      The Movie was good, I bought it, and it is great, but just not the same as the book.

      Did the rumoured lawsuit by Cussler against the studio ever come to fruition?

      Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

    • Terri Pascal
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
        This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005

        Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against
        SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
        the movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
        on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
        heart bypass surgery.

        Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-makers for
        almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the script as
        they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
        Scottsdale, Arizona.

        Cussler's actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
        DAYNA tells website
        PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital, but he's
        a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be seeing the
        movie."

        --
        Terri Pascal
        Pascalbear@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2006
          I just started to read again myself for the 5th or 6th time but not
          in a few years and it is so much better but a movie is only a couple
          of hundres pages the book is 6 hundred pages you cant fit it all in.
          but as with every bookthat has been made into a mivie that book is
          always better
          baba

          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, Terri Pascal
          <pascalbear@...> wrote:

          > This was written in Entertainment Weekly in late Nov 2005
          >

          > Novelist CLIVE CUSSLER's campaign against

          SAHARA<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara
          %20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>,
          > the
          movie<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahara%
          20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>based
          > on his best-selling book, has been put on hold while he undergoes
          > heart bypass surgery.
          >
          > Cussler - who has been waging a public war against Sahara film-
          makers for
          > almost a year, accusing them of not giving him approval of the
          script as
          > they'd promised - is currently at home following the operation in
          > Scottsdale, Arizona.
          >
          > Cussler's
          actress<http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sahar
          a%20author%20recovering%20after%20surgery#>daughter
          > DAYNA tells website
          > PAGESIX.COM, "He's doing good, he just got home from the hospital,
          but he's
          > a fighter and all the family is very pleased. But he won't be
          seeing the
          > movie."
          >

          > On 2/17/06, wask21 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was shocked at how different and better the book was than the
          Movie.

          > > The Movie was good, I bought it, and it is great, but just not
          the same as
          > > the book.
          > >
          > > Did the rumoured lawsuit by Cussler against the studio ever come
          > > fruition?
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Terri Pascal
          > Pascalbear@...
          > In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to
          > lose sight of the shore for a very long time. Anonymous

        • lizard_tbone
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
            I sent him a get well card and he wrote back! *squeals in excitement*

            ~Lizard~

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 25, 2006
              Lizard,
              Clive Cussler is very responsive to his fans.
              He'll even send you signed manuscript pages of your request if they are
              available.

              Nancy in Utah