CC's movies & a better Al Giordino

  • J.B.
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, PATTI GOKEY
      <momshotflash@y...> wrote:

      >Wish they would make movies based on his books.

      Hmm ... thus far, two have: Raise the Titanic and Sahara.

      http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081400/ - Titanic
      http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0318649/ - Sahara

      In Sahara, anyone think Al's role was miscast? Someone like 80's tv
      actor Jeff McKay would've been better, but he's too old now.

      Hmm ... anyone like Benjamin Bratt or Luiz Guzman as Al G?

      >My husband knows not to even talk to me when he sees me reading
      Cussler.

      When I get hooked up in a good book, I forget to eat, stay up half the
      night reading ...

      * JB *
    • H Tex
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
        finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
        one. Need More!!!!

        Would love to see one where all the main characters in
        all the books get in on the action. But I think this
        has been said before.

        I haven't been this excited about adventure books
        since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
        Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

        --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
        > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
        > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
        > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
        > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
        > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
        > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
        > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
        > Patti

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Canning
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
          Tex is right on! Cussler made me a collector. Patty wants more movies. The problem I see with movies is that they always fall flat when compared to the original book. Tex, while you are waiting for the next CC novel, let me suggest to give Dale Brown a try.

          H Tex <humtex@...> wrote: When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
          finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
          one. Need More!!!!

          Would love to see one where all the main characters in
          all the books get in on the action. But I think this
          has been said before.

          I haven't been this excited about adventure books
          since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
          Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

          --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
          > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
          > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
          > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
          > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
          > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
          > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
          > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
          > Patti

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

        • photos309
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
            I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
            him and Matthew McConaughey.
          • Jeff Phillips
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
              Yes!! They did work very well together, my only beef - in the book Al is built like a brick wall, he is strong! They needed or need to buff him up a bit more!

              photos309 <photos309@...> wrote: I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
              him and Matthew McConaughey.