RE: [Clive Cussler fan club] (unknown)

  • speed10@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      This Granny weighs in with one more vote for Cussler.... I have all of
      his books and each new one is an immediate "must have" in any format!
      Right now, am backlogged with about 4 of his to get read and it is a
      "surfeit of riches"! <LOL> Paws Forever - Maggie

      Paws Forever Cocker Haven
      Maggie and Ron Deaton, Directors
      www.pawsforeverrescue.com (under construction!)
      Seniors and Special Needs Cockers Welcomed
      Located in Central TX. (254)739-5277 Since 1996!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, PATTI GOKEY
        <momshotflash@y...> wrote:

        >Wish they would make movies based on his books.

        Hmm ... thus far, two have: Raise the Titanic and Sahara.

        http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081400/ - Titanic
        http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0318649/ - Sahara

        In Sahara, anyone think Al's role was miscast? Someone like 80's tv
        actor Jeff McKay would've been better, but he's too old now.

        Hmm ... anyone like Benjamin Bratt or Luiz Guzman as Al G?

        >My husband knows not to even talk to me when he sees me reading
        Cussler.

        When I get hooked up in a good book, I forget to eat, stay up half the
        night reading ...

        * JB *
      • H Tex
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
          finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
          one. Need More!!!!

          Would love to see one where all the main characters in
          all the books get in on the action. But I think this
          has been said before.

          I haven't been this excited about adventure books
          since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
          Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

          --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
          > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
          > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
          > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
          > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
          > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
          > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
          > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
          > Patti

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • John Canning
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
            Tex is right on! Cussler made me a collector. Patty wants more movies. The problem I see with movies is that they always fall flat when compared to the original book. Tex, while you are waiting for the next CC novel, let me suggest to give Dale Brown a try.

            H Tex <humtex@...> wrote: When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
            finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
            one. Need More!!!!

            Would love to see one where all the main characters in
            all the books get in on the action. But I think this
            has been said before.

            I haven't been this excited about adventure books
            since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
            Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

            --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
            > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
            > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
            > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
            > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
            > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
            > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
            > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
            > Patti

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

          • photos309
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
              I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
              him and Matthew McConaughey.
            • Jeff Phillips
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
                Yes!! They did work very well together, my only beef - in the book Al is built like a brick wall, he is strong! They needed or need to buff him up a bit more!

                photos309 <photos309@...> wrote: I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
                him and Matthew McConaughey.