  • PATTI GOKEY
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from the very first book I read. Beats reading those horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they would make movies based on his books. Anyone out there like myself? My husband knows not to even talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like being on the edge of your seat that's for sure. Patti

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        This Granny weighs in with one more vote for Cussler.... I have all of
        his books and each new one is an immediate "must have" in any format!
        Right now, am backlogged with about 4 of his to get read and it is a
        "surfeit of riches"! <LOL> Paws Forever - Maggie

        Paws Forever Cocker Haven
        Maggie and Ron Deaton, Directors
        www.pawsforeverrescue.com (under construction!)
        Seniors and Special Needs Cockers Welcomed
        Located in Central TX. (254)739-5277 Since 1996!

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
          --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, PATTI GOKEY
          <momshotflash@y...> wrote:

          >Wish they would make movies based on his books.

          Hmm ... thus far, two have: Raise the Titanic and Sahara.

          http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081400/ - Titanic
          http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0318649/ - Sahara

          In Sahara, anyone think Al's role was miscast? Someone like 80's tv
          actor Jeff McKay would've been better, but he's too old now.

          Hmm ... anyone like Benjamin Bratt or Luiz Guzman as Al G?

          >My husband knows not to even talk to me when he sees me reading
          Cussler.

          When I get hooked up in a good book, I forget to eat, stay up half the
          night reading ...

          * JB *
        • H Tex
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
            When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
            finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
            one. Need More!!!!

            Would love to see one where all the main characters in
            all the books get in on the action. But I think this
            has been said before.

            I haven't been this excited about adventure books
            since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
            Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

            --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
            > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
            > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
            > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
            > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
            > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
            > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
            > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
            > Patti

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • John Canning
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
              Tex is right on! Cussler made me a collector. Patty wants more movies. The problem I see with movies is that they always fall flat when compared to the original book. Tex, while you are waiting for the next CC novel, let me suggest to give Dale Brown a try.

              H Tex <humtex@...> wrote: When I start reading one, it is almost non stop till I
              finish. Rarely takes me more than 3 evenings to read
              one. Need More!!!!

              Would love to see one where all the main characters in
              all the books get in on the action. But I think this
              has been said before.

              I haven't been this excited about adventure books
              since John D. MacDonalds Travis McGee and Donald
              Hamilton's Matt Helm series.

              --- PATTI GOKEY <momshotflash@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone! I really am such a big fan of Cussler
              > books. I am a middle aged woman and was hooked from
              > the very first book I read. Beats reading those
              > horrible romance novels for escapism. Wish they
              > would make movies based on his books. Anyone out
              > there like myself? My husband knows not to even
              > talk to me when he sees me reading Cussler. Like
              > being on the edge of your seat that's for sure.
              > Patti

              > removed]

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Literary agent fiction Book author Clive cussler

            • photos309
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
                I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
                him and Matthew McConaughey.
              • Jeff Phillips
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
                  Yes!! They did work very well together, my only beef - in the book Al is built like a brick wall, he is strong! They needed or need to buff him up a bit more!

                  photos309 <photos309@...> wrote: I thought Steve Zahn was great. I really liked the chemistry between
                  him and Matthew McConaughey.