      From: flutefacekk
      Date: 06/05/05 08:13:10
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book

      It wasn't a sexual comment, it was sexist. I don't have the book
      right in front of me at the moment to quote exactly, but it was
      referring to Beverly Swain (one of the agents searching Rummel's
      apartment) and a mirror. It said "As a woman, she was instinctively
      drawn to it."

      I just thought that was kind of sexist (not enough to make me steam,
      but it jumped out at me). Not all women are narcissistic -
      personally, I tend to avoid mirrors whenever possible! :)

      Again, though, I love Clive Cussler's writing overall. That
      sentence just stuck in my mind ever since I read it the first time.