911[Clive Cussler fan club] Re: My First CC book

  • flutefacekk
    Jun 5, 2005
      It wasn't a sexual comment, it was sexist. I don't have the book
      right in front of me at the moment to quote exactly, but it was
      referring to Beverly Swain (one of the agents searching Rummel's
      apartment) and a mirror. It said "As a woman, she was instinctively
      drawn to it."

      I just thought that was kind of sexist (not enough to make me steam,
      but it jumped out at me). Not all women are narcissistic -
      personally, I tend to avoid mirrors whenever possible! :)

      Again, though, I love Clive Cussler's writing overall. That
      sentence just stuck in my mind ever since I read it the first time.

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Silk"
      <silkwinddachs@c...> wrote:
      > Flute,
      > I would like to know the extreme sexist sentence you are referring
      to in
      > Inca Gold. Can you share with us? One of the reasons I've
      enjoyed the CC
      > novels is their lack of sexual content; he still can reveal close
      > relationships, but keeps what should be private, private.
      >
      > Also, many have mentioned the Juan Cabrillo series. I'm not
      familiar with
      > these books. Who's the author? (If it's CC, please everyone jump
      on me and
      > pound on me!! LOL)
      >

      > Nancy Silk
      > For good books, shop at