      From: carolena5214
      Date: 05/03/05 10:11:54
      To: clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA review by Mouse Lady

      Matthew McConaughey was an executive producer on SAHARA, not a
      director.

      The film was directed by Breck Eisner.

      Matthew did not cast himself as Dirk Pitt (R); Clive Cussler
      personally chose Matthew McConaughey for the role after Hugh Jackman
      chose to do a Broadway play (The Boy from OZ) and wanted to postpone
      production of the move for another year.

      William Macy was Clive Cussler's personal choice for Sandecker, always.

      Steve Zahn was personally chosen by Clive Cussler for the role of Al.
      Zahn promised he would get a perm and die his hair black--which
      obviously did not happen--but Zahn was Clive's personal choice.

      Interestingly, the real Al Giordano, on whom Al Giordino is based,
      liked the job that Zahn did once he got past Zahn's surfer boy
      appearance.

      Since the film is still in the top five after more than four weeks,
      something must be right.

      Get your facts right, Guys and Gals, or Sister St. Kevin, will get her
      ruler out.

      Carolena

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/CkIolB/TM