746AW: [Clive Cussler fan club] SAHARA - Movie Trailer

  • Justin.Fog@t-online.de
    Jan 14, 2005
      Just watched the trailer, and what I thought when I read all the reports and
      opinions about the movie came true.

      It seems that the story has been changed. I got the impression that Dirk and
      Al (the actor for Al Giordino was indeed a very poor choice) don't
      investigate the source of toxic waste led into the nile river and the sea by
      African-French industry moguls but rather go on a treasure hunt to prove
      that a civil war ship containing a war treasure sailed from the US to
      Africa.

      So, where does that leave us? A treasure hunt in the sahara desert, complete
      with Indiana Jones - like underground caves, lots of shooting with machine
      guns and rocket launchers, helicopter attacks, lots of pyrotechnics and very
      little underwater action? As I surmised, it seems that the story wasn't as
      important as action and effects. Well, I don't want to sound too pessimistic
      but as a Dirk Pitt fan who was hooked by the Sahara book til the end I'm
      afraid the movie will not reach the quality of the novel...

      Pete

      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----